Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying in Mexico

Reaction score
So am I reading the regulations for flying in Mexico correctly? If your not born in Mexico you can’t register your drone to fly?

Attachments

• 3DCCF926-5EB2-4228-B0E3-F4026CC3D631.png
    3DCCF926-5EB2-4228-B0E3-F4026CC3D631.png
    754.6 KB · Views: 24
Citizen, yes, not necessarily BORN in Mexico.

It’s pretty standard in MANY countries to limit business dealing to only citizens. And can you blame them? They just want to keep non citizens from taking work from citizens.

It’s pretty standard in MANY countries to limit business dealing to only citizens. And can you blame them? They just want to keep non citizens from taking work from citizens.
It’s not just commercial operations - it also precludes recreational (tourist) registering/flying as well wef December 1st 2018

Based on what I’ve seen(and done)I think I depends on where you and how the officials feel that particular day. While the laws are in place, they may not be enforcing them. I have traveled to Puerto Penasco(Rocky Point)several times for some off road races and see what I know are non citizens flying various drones. I have had a few of mine in the air at these events and not had any issues yet. I’m certainly not going to take one that is on the expensive side in case someone decides I have violated their rules and wants to provide it with a new home. At risk? Probably yes.

Very cool. Where about in Mexico? I’m visiting family in Los Berros area and just looking to fly and take some landscape pics. Nothing commercial so it’s not a big deal.

There's a joke in there but I'm just afraid the Editor will slap me down. :eek:

Reactions: The Editor
Sorry I loss contact with this thread. I appreciate the offer. I flew into Cabo San Lucas the other day. I brought my phantom 3 standard just incase I had trouble going through customs but didn’t have any problems at all. I wasn’t going to fly because I respect this country but notice there were folks flying drones here and there. None them had a clue of the laws or seem to care. I used the app AirMap and they had the laws and used that. Thank you for the offer again peace.

Sorry I loss contact with this thread. I appreciate the offer. I flew into Cabo San Lucas the other day. I brought my phantom 3 standard just incase I had trouble going through customs but didn’t have any problems at all. I wasn’t going to fly because I respect this country but notice there were folks flying drones here and there. None them had a clue of the laws or seem to care. I used the app AirMap and they had the laws and used that. Thank you for the offer again peace.
Hi Derik, did you register your drone in advance with them for recreational flights?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont