Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Website
elevate-films.uk
Hi,

Apologies a similar question has been posted elsewhere, I've been asked to do some photogrammetry on a reference trip in the US, most of the locations are costal and some are in National Parks which I'm guessing have their very own complications.

If anyone has any experience of doing this or can offer any other guidance, I would like to know:

• As a British insured UAV pilot, what steps do I need to take to get permission to work within the US, even if it's for 9-10 days
  • What type of Visa is needed
  • Do I need to apply for a sUAS waiver airspace authorization application, even as a non - US citizen
  • Is it possible to be granted access to National Parks, as I've seen conflicting reports
  • Is it possible to fly to the US with 9x TB48 batteries (in Lipo Bags) or should these be bought on arrival
Any information would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

Eamon

Hi,

Apologies a similar question has been posted elsewhere, I've been asked to do some photogrammetry on a reference trip in the US, most of the locations are costal and some are in National Parks which I'm guessing have their very own complications.

If anyone has any experience of doing this or can offer any other guidance, I would like to know:

• As a British insured UAV pilot, what steps do I need to take to get permission to work within the US, even if it's for 9-10 days
  • What type of Visa is needed
  • Do I need to apply for a sUAS waiver airspace authorization application, even as a non - US citizen
  • Is it possible to be granted access to National Parks, as I've seen conflicting reports
  • Is it possible to fly to the US with 9x TB48 batteries (in Lipo Bags) or should these be bought on arrival
Any information would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

Eamon
  • Your UK CAA permission (PFAW/PfCO) will not be valid/mean anything in the US. (Your insurance will also not cover you since you will not be certified to operate commercially within the United States
  • A working visa
  • Yup
  • Not without permissions in place
  • Yes but only if 5 of you are traveling since you will be limited to a maximum of 2 TB48's per passenger

I have been told by other professional videographers that the only way to get permission from the NPS is by signing over all rights of publication to the NPS. I don't have personal knowledge that this is true.
Interesting, I am awaiting a response for a request to video an NPS attraction, but the only way I'll agree is if I grant them a nonexclusive license and I maintain the rights to use in my website and portfolio. We'll see...

Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones
Interesting, I am awaiting a response for a request to video an NPS attraction, but the only way I'll agree is if I grant them a nonexclusive license and I maintain the rights to use in my website and portfolio. We'll see...
I rather hope you get the release. There are several NPS sites very close to my home base I would love to film. The D/P who shared the original information was shooting in the southwestern USA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool