Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying inside

Reaction score
Dear pilots.

I am planning to use my I1 to fly inside a mostly steel building (about the size of a football field).
Should I use the ATTI setting for flying inside? does the vision positioning system work in ATTI mode.

I don't like the idea of locking onto satellites accidentally and I would not thrust my compass either.

Any advice?

Done that once on gps, but it's beter to fly it in ATTI!

Never used the VP, So cann't say anything about that.

make sure that you are not in gps if it is ever going to be blocked by a roof or partial roof. incorrect or weak gps will cause the copter to potentially jump position. not saying that it will jump if it fades in between good and bad signal.

Remember Atti is a faster flight mode so you might want to test it in a open area outside, just remember wind will cause the copter to drift off and if you dont know how to fly without gps, be ready.

good luck

ATTI is the way to do.Noquestion.Have done this and it flies great!Be gentle on your speed anyway.As Tahoe said the Inspire is fast.

ATTI is the way to do.Noquestion.Have done this and it flies great!Be gentle on your speed anyway.As Tahoe said the Inspire is fast.
Is ATTI the mode that uses the look down sensor. I have about 8 hrs of time on the 1 but only in GPS. I need to fly inside a building and need to get some dual on how best to do this

The sensors work wih Atti and GPS. You can actually fly uphill - I've tested that.
Today i've tested a steeper hill - even this worked well - however the ground has to be hard - meaning no grass and rather flat.

Is ATTI the mode that uses the look down sensor. I have about 8 hrs of time on the 1 but only in GPS. I need to fly inside a building and need to get some dual on how best to do this
No the sensors will go to about 3mtr(10feet).Just trust your skills to fly inside.Like I said be gentle with the speed.And try to have visual contact when you fly.

No the sensors will go to about 3mtr(10feet).Just trust your skills to fly inside.Like I said be gentle with the speed.And try to have visual contact when you fly.
I am a little unclear how to set for ATTI with the three position toggle switch. My understanding is that it is the middle position.
And by the way can anyone tell me what the two buttons on the underside of the controller are for?

Okay so I was in the building yesterday, and the compass calibration red light came on right away. The motors would not even start. I could not calibrate the compass inside given all the steel in the building. Does anybody have any advice? Should I calibrate the compass outside first and should it work afterwards inside. Why isn't there a "fly inside" option. No compass, not GPS; yes to optical flow and sonar. My bird was switching between P-Opti and the red calibration required signal. the gimbal was twitching a little. at one point the camera was just pointing about 30º off axis. I was able to take off to about 2 feet but I did not trust the error message so I put the bird back down.

Okay so I was in the building yesterday, and the compass calibration red light came on right away. The motors would not even start. I could not calibrate the compass inside given all the steel in the building. Does anybody have any advice? Should I calibrate the compass outside first and should it work afterwards inside. Why isn't there a "fly inside" option. No compass, not GPS; yes to optical flow and sonar. My bird was switching between P-Opti and the red calibration required signal. the gimbal was twitching a little. at one point the camera was just pointing about 30º off axis. I was able to take off to about 2 feet but I did not trust the error message so I put the bird back down.
Enable your IOC setting within your app and toggle the left top switch into the middle position.If possible start outside where you have a good signal for calibration if you want,but I just start the Inspire inside within ATTI mode and everything goes well.Ignore the no GPS signal.you won't get it inside a steel framed building.

I am a little unclear how to set for ATTI with the three position toggle switch. My understanding is that it is the middle position.
And by the way can anyone tell me what the two buttons on the underside of the controller are for?
See page 37 at your manual.

I'am planning to fly 2 meters above an old railwaytrack (no cables above). Does anyone know the iron rails on the ground will influence the flight in P-GPS mode?

Dear pilots.

I am planning to use my I1 to fly inside a mostly steel building (about the size of a football field).
Should I use the ATTI setting for flying inside? does the vision positioning system work in ATTI mode.

I don't like the idea of locking onto satellites accidentally and I would not thrust my compass either.

Any advice?

Indoors it is best to turn GPS off. GPS signals can reflect off walls, or get distorted, and your Inspire is triangulating those signals to determine its location. In a worst case scenario, your Inspire could get bad information leading it to make a sudden course correction. I.e. Crashing into a wall...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters