Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying over Crowds

faa committee proposal
yes i read it and its just a proposal but i can easily see where this is going
Flights overs crowds not so dangerous

The wording is the issue. Anytime you have to prove something to the FAA its like getting the FDA to approve a new drug. How do you prove 'Less than 1% chance of injury to the crowd at maximum impact force'?

The wording is the issue. Anytime you have to prove something to the FAA its like getting the FDA to approve a new drug. How do you prove 'Less than 1% chance of injury to the crowd at maximum impact force'?
Thats on Dji for that money they gone prove it. Tripled in sales did you read that

I doubt they'll loosen the rules about flying, or frying, over crowds, or clouds. I personally think the prohibition against flying over people is wrong but agree that you should not fly over groups of people. We let planes fly over people but don't permit them to fly low over crowds of people and I think a similar rule is reasonable for drones.

But, again, I really doubt they'll loosen the rules even a little and if anything it's likely they'll find reason to make new rules that are even more prohibitive.

Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop