Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

flying over people

Reaction score
So i have a commercial RE company that needs about 3 shots of the building at the top. Getting the photos from the right arrow shouldn't be an issue early in the morning. ill probably just put some cones down in a large square section of the parking lot and fly it straight up and down.
My question would be how would you handle the shot need over building "B"? It happens to be a BMW dealership, so i'm a bit nervous although i do purchase the verifly 1M coverage when flying.
Could I just fly to building "B" from "A" and take the shot. the space between "A" and "B" wouldn't be closed off but at 6am i can't imaging anyone driving into these parking lots.
I'm guessing it would be proper protocol to notify the manager at the dealership as to what i'm going to be doing ? west.png

Wouldn't hurt to inform the BMW manager, but given the early AM time there shouldn't be an issue with any bare-heads walking around beneath you. If he finds a roof dented up, he'll likely get in touch with you. ;)

I know in Los Angeles it's not uncommon to see a yellow "Filming Notice" by FilmLA stuck on neighboring business doorjambs informing the owner of some shoot going on in the vicinity and the time or days it's valid for. But FilmLA charges you a lot for a commercial shoot permit (They start at around $660 and go up steeply last I checked.), but you pretty much got all your i's dotted by them too in case a bunch of badges show up, and they may assign one to you as well as a monitor to keep the others away. I've often wondered if the cop car's LCD displays have access to some "Active permit or commercial shoots" database too as I've seen a pair look at that screen (I was behind them and saw them pointing and fussing over the screen.) and they turned on their light-bar and went after a sidewalk photographer once shooting who appeared to be a model on Wilshire Blvd. Wish I could have stuck around for the finale.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla