Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying with one battery

At least you have one - waiting on a replacement to the original one as it wouldn't go past 70% (although no prop locks so couldn't fly anyway).

At least you have one - waiting on a replacement to the original one as it wouldn't go past 70% (although no prop locks so couldn't fly anyway).
Did the battery get hot or look unusual in any way? Would it still fit into the aircraft? Would the lights on the battery just go off at 70% or it just kept charging forever?

Battery was 50% on arrival and Tx must have been under 50%. Plugged them both in (as per video) and when the battery was charged the Tx was still going. Disconnected (cold) battery and left the Tx to continue for another 2 hours or so. Charger was warmer than I'd have liked but have since seen the notices about single charging. Battery physically looks fine and fits ok but green lights drop very quickly (in under 2 minutes) to 70%. They have agreed to change it.

Battery was 50% on arrival and Tx must have been under 50%. Plugged them both in (as per video) and when the battery was charged the Tx was still going. Disconnected (cold) battery and left the Tx to continue for another 2 hours or so. Charger was warmer than I'd have liked but have since seen the notices about single charging. Battery physically looks fine and fits ok but green lights drop very quickly (in under 2 minutes) to 70%. They have agreed to change it.
You're not supposed to charge the transmitter and the inspire 1's battery pack at the same time. it's in your user manual I think it's page 21, that video is not correct. there has been other post on this topic

Curious to know later if you find that the Tx takes "too long" to charge. I also used charger twice to charge both at same time. Charger got very warm and I stopped. I don't think I damaged it, though, and my battery is charging to 100%. Let us know if you find the new battery going to 100%. If not, maybe it's the charger?

The 6000mAh 2S Tx lipo takes a long time to charge. It is like the Vision + wifi extender, like 4 hours. The Inspire Tx does not take that long but it seems like forever.

Reactions: BaldEagle
Just as a general warning, I flew in quite cold conditions, say 10 Deg, and had 30% battery left. The platform started to behave erratically and felt like it was auto-defending, unfortunately behind a building.With a bit of struggling I managed to get it back but it felt like it had dropped into ATTI mode.

When I checked the logs, it seemed it instantly went from 30% to 7% battery! with me landing at 1%. The whole thing took second.

I see there is an option to “cancel” the go-home function when you hit a low battery level warning, but when things happen quickly, you don’t really have a chance to look away from the platform and start investigating menus on the now un-supported iPad.

I didn’t have those battery covers on so I’m assuming/hoping these will a resolve this. They will be on for the next flight but it’s definitely worth being cautious of those levels. (assuming prop locks turn up and I can actually use this very expensive ornament, and it does crash on take off of course)

You're not supposed to charge the transmitter and the inspire 1's battery pack at the same time. it's in your user manual I think it's page 21, that video is not correct. there has been other post on this topic

Thanks, I know that now but at that time I'd just watched the video. Seems odd to put two leads on when you can only use one . . .
Although it did got hot I don't suspect that this caused a problem with the battery - I think it was just faulty.

Just wondering how many ininterrupt flights I can make if I have limitless lipo packs (just returning to change packs). Will the motors and all the electronics handle about 4 or 5 hours of flight or they'll "melt" due high temps?

Slightly off topic but is related to LiPo life. What about the transmitter LiPo? How many times can it be recharged? How many recharges before the controller battery is toast? What happens then, can it be replaced or do you just spend $650 for a new controller? Does one send it back to DJI for controller battery replacement? What ?????????

Reactions: Eliran
Just wondering how many ininterrupt flights I can make if I have limitless lipo packs (just returning to change packs). Will the motors and all the electronics handle about 4 or 5 hours of flight or they'll "melt" due high temps?

I have flown three back to back flights without interruption. I have five battery packs total. I do check the motors to see how hot they are, they have been fine I just drop a fresh battery and take off.

Reactions: Eliran

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop