Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Focusing the X5

Yes,... thats true.. but it doesn't take the same pictures at the X5. I have mine sharp now but its been a learning curve.
Yes, I think the X5 being a 16 MP sensor as opposed to the 12 MP in the X3, would take better still pictures. However, my use is really video and the X3 in 4K or HD is excellent.

Yes, I think the X5 being a 16 MP sensor as opposed to the 12 MP in the X3, would take better still pictures. However, my use is really video and the X3 in 4K or HD is excellent.
Mine is for video too but I need a camera I can use manually for the footage I use to make tv commercials. I need to be able to select focus points as well as aperture and shutter.

Aperture is fixed on the X3. F-stop can only be adjusted by ISO and shutter speed. The X5 has the clear advantage here having 3 means of controlling f-stop. Aperture also gives control over focus via depth of field giving a wide range of results with the myriad of different lenses that are available.

Aperture is fixed on the X3. F-stop can only be adjusted by ISO and shutter speed. The X5 has the clear advantage here having 3 means of controlling f-stop. Aperture also gives control over focus via depth of field giving a wide range of results with the myriad of different lenses that are available.

Yes, that's true about the aperture.
However, I don't see the need for shallow depth of field while shooting aerials. To me it looks tacky. My opinion of course, your specific need might look different.
I use SDOF for regular shoots such as interviews etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare