Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Frame grab...too close?

Impossible to pass comment.

Was it shot from a UAV or out of another plane window?
What focal length lens was used?

Too many imponderables....

Nice to see some rational comments instead quick leaps to erroneous conclusions.

Not a UAV. Shot in July of 2001 from my plane window using a MiniDV camera using a slight zoom that appears to be optical, but may have been digital. The 480p video is so crappy from the get go it's hard to tell.

I was honestly amazed that we were flying that close to another airplane. Here's a better shot with no zoom to give a better perspective. You can see the window sill in the lower-left corner of the image.

1603126602034.png

Obviously there were parallel runways.

1603126806148.png

Not sure which airport this is, as I was doing a lot of flying back then. I was coming back from Thule, Greenland. So this was an International airport on the East coast. Probably the Delta hub in Atlanta.

D

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
I was on a commercial flight once and we passed a jet going in the opposite direction so close that I could easily see the passengers on the other jet. Startled the heck out of me :eek:

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Well done.
Yes you are lucky people didn't just start calling you bad names and saying you are the reason why we have regulation blah blah blah. :)

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela