Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FS Zenmuse XT Camera -Sold

Reaction score
Sold - (for $2,100 CAD FYI)

I have for sale an XT 336, 9mm, 30HZ camera in excellent and barely used condition. The only reason I am selling the camera is that I have work of a fairly large scale that requires a GSD of 3 cm/pixel. For smaller jobs like commercial buildings and utilities, I can easily fly close enough to get detail I need with this camera.

Front.jpg Top.jpg Left.jpg Right.jpg Connection.jpg

This is what you can expect from this camera:

ResolutionConfigHighlighted.JPG

The camera is a non radiometric (lets call it NR for this conversation). I want to talk about this a bit because of many of the conversations I have read online about the non radiometric version of the XT. To confirm that the NR camera DOES shoot and save Radiometric JPEG files. This is a photo of settings in DJI Go. All of the photos you will see in this thread are of and from my camera.

RJPEG.JPG

- With the NR, in live view the spot meter is available but only displays the temp in the center of the screen.
- With the NR, in live view, Isotherm settings are available.
Here is a radical example to demonstrate. I am using my GSD (German Shepherd Dog), Jack as a model.

Live view, Isotherm turned off (spot meter active): Isotherm3.JPG Isotherm active: Isotherm4.JPG.

- The FOV with this configuration is very nice. The FOV of this configuration is f/1.25 35x27 degree. This FOV is very close to a 640, 19mm configuration which is f/1.25 32x26 degrees.

- Resolution for video is 30Hz. The video looks very smooth with smooth movements. Video Resolution.JPG

..... Continued in next post so I can attach more pics ......

Last edited:
Reactions: CoreySnipes
The time that it is important to get good information from the images is when we create reports or analyze. I have only tried Flir tools.

- The NR Radiomentric Jpeg files contain information throughout the picture. There is a statement that seems a bit confusing in the specs documents for the NR. it says: "

Spot meterTemperatures measured in central 4 × 4 pixels

What really happens is that all of the pixels have the data. In Flir Tools you can place as many spot meters as you like anywhere on the image. Flir tells me that the temp is taken from the average of a group of 4x4 pixels. I had one person tell me that the only place a temp could be read from is in the center of the picture. Maybe that is an isolated perception. It is not correct.

In this picture I have placed 3 spot meter locations, on a window, on a wall and in Jacks left ear. I also placed an ellipse, rectangle and line in which the high and low temps of each are marked.

IMG_6605.JPG

It is easier to see results in this pic. You can see the results of each of the three spot meter locations as well. They are expressed as the minimum, maximum and average of each the ellipse, rectangle and line:
IMG_6606.JPG

You are able to generate reports and make use of all the R-jpeg information which you mark and highlight. Report.JPG

So for anyone who has little exposure to the performance model, I am just trying to demonstrate how powerful a non radiometric version can be. If I was doing work only for jobs where I would be fine with a proximity of 100ish feet for my thermal work, I would be totally satisfied with this camera. That is not the case for my business. If my calculations are correct, that 45' is the distance for a 3cm/pixel GSD. That is a requirement that is tighter than most scenarios though I would have to say. There are a lot of applications where 100+ ft altitude flights are appropriate for this configuration.

I bought the camera used. I did not get documentation from the previous owner. I called and emailed DJI about the history. They said that they could only tell me that the camera had been sent to them in 2018 for a V2 upgrade for use with 200 series. Besides the two emails with DJI, I have no way to confirm if this is true.

I will take care of authorization right away in the case this camera goes to the USA. Anywhere else we will have to work that out.

I would like to start at $2,700 USD and hope that someone see's the value. I will contribute $25 to shipping.

If I have made an error some place in this add, please let me know. I want to keep this a straight deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoreySnipes
I have for sale an XT 336, 9mm, 30HZ camera in excellent and barely used condition. The only reason I am selling the camera is that I have work of a fairly large scale that requires a GSD of 3 cm/pixel. For smaller jobs like commercial buildings and utilities, I can easily fly close enough to get detail I need with this camera.

View attachment 32460 View attachment 32461 View attachment 32462 View attachment 32463 View attachment 32464

This is what you can expect from this camera:

View attachment 32458

The camera is a non radiometric (lets call it NR for this conversation). I want to talk about this a bit because of many of the conversations I have read online about the non radiometric version of the XT. To confirm that the NR camera DOES shoot and save Radiometric JPEG files. This is a photo of settings in DJI Go. All of the photos you will see in this thread are of and from my camera.

View attachment 32455

- With the NR, in live view the spot meter is available but only displays the temp in the center of the screen.
- With the NR, in live view, Isotherm settings are available.
Here is a radical example to demonstrate. I am using my GSD (German Shepherd Dog), Jack as a model.

Live view, Isotherm turned off (spot meter active): View attachment 32456 Isotherm active: View attachment 32457.

- The FOV with this configuration is very nice. The FOV of this configuration is f/1.25 35x27 degree. This FOV is very close to a 640, 19mm configuration which is f/1.25 32x26 degrees.

- Resolution for video is 30Hz. The video looks very smooth with smooth movements. View attachment 32465

..... Continued in next post so I can attach more pics ......
Just so happens I might be interested but my project is a little different any chance we can talk? Can you emaime?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool