Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Full camera settings video?

Reaction score
Since I still only have 1 battery and have only 5 flights on my I1 I have been focused on the flight capabilities of the craft. I have been unable to really play with the settings (or even learn how to control them for that matter) since the I1 has to be on to do so.

Has anyone seen a video explaining all the camera settings and shown examples? Things like how to adjust exposure time for still photos, difference between various modes, etc.?

If so can you please post a link? I've searched and can't seem to find much.

Thanks!

Perfect! Thank you so much. I couldn't figure out how to get into the ISO settings, now I do :)

Yes this video does describe all of the "weedio" settings very clearly, although painfully slowly. Luckily I am a professional cameraman so I know these things already, but for anyone not familiar with these, the camera settings are remarkably complex on this Inspire. I love that they have given us this many options.
BTW my light meter tells me the ND filter reduces light by 2.3 stops.
I didn't think Ralph was totally clear about selecting correct shutter speed to correlate correctly with frames-per-second (fps). He correctly talks about the stocato effect when shutter speed is set too high/fast/short for the fps, or what I call the "Saving Private Ryan" look, that strobe light effect.
Shutter speed should ideally be double the fps, so 25fps should have shutter speed of 1/50th second, 30fps should have shutter speed of 1/60th second etc. any shorter shutter speed will give the stocato look.
I have noticed the lens has quite bad chromatic aberration, the blue fringe around tree branches when against bright sky. Don't know of anything we can do to fix that. Sony introduced automatic chromatic aberration correction in professional cameras, so it is a known problem.
I was impressed with the low noise (grain) in the blacks at dusk/night.
I also saw quite bad moire patterns on corrugated iron barn when shooting video in 4k at normal setting. It does go away in soft setting but the picture is too soft, so I will be experimenting with Raplh's suggestion of using the minus 1 sharpness in the custom setting.

Yes this video does describe all of the "weedio" settings very clearly, although painfully slowly. Luckily I am a professional cameraman so I know these things already, but for anyone not familiar with these, the camera settings are remarkably complex on this Inspire. I love that they have given us this many options.
I didn't think Ralph was totally clear about selecting correct shutter speed to correlate correctly with frames-per-second (fps). He correctly talks about the stocato effect when shutter speed is set too high/fast/short for the fps, or what I call the "Saving Private Ryan" look, that strobe light effect.
Shutter speed should ideally be double the fps, so 25fps should have shutter speed of 1/50th second, 30fps should have shutter speed of 1/60th second etc. any shorter shutter speed will give the stocato look.
I have noticed the lens has quite bad chromatic aberration, the blue fringe around tree branches when against bright sky. Don't know of anything we can do to fix that. Sony introduced automatic chromatic aberration correction in professional cameras, so it is a known problem.
I also saw quite bad moire patterns on corrugated iron barn when shooting video in 4k at normal setting. It does go away in soft setting but the picture is too soft, so I will be experimenting with Raplh's suggestion of using the minus 1 sharpness in the custom setting.

Murray,
Or anyone else that's capable. Would you mind building a cheat sheet of setting's that users could copy and print for easy reference.
Thx.
Noles

Hi Murray any chance of a cheat sheet as requested?

I, too, would like a "cheat sheet". But what would be really great in future firmware releases would be the ability to preprogram camera settings into something like a batch file that could then be toggled by the buttons on the back of the controller. Just like the ability now to re-center the gimbal.

If you want your videos to really look great you really have to have these... especially if you're shooting in the sun.. I received mine last week and they truly made all the difference. You can get down to that doubling shutter speed of fps.. difficult to do without darker NDs.ProCF down stack.jpg
This video was shot using the ND 8 on a very bright day.. shot around 11am 30fps.. 60 shutter

http://www.pauljoy.com/2015/06/inspire-1-nd-filters-part-2-renaat-filters/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips