Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FW 1.2.0.50 - Do not update

So, as they have provided a different binary with same version number and you have brought the inspire to V01.02.00.50 you would need to downgrade to the previous version and then re-update with V01.02.00.50.
#PITA

Note: I have updated the below comments based on new **** that has since come to light.

After a back-and-forth with DJI support on their Facebook page, here are my conclusions:
  • The latest Inspire 1 (non-Pro) firmware update is called "v.1.5.0.30". That version refers to the aircraft firmware version.
  • The latest Inspire 1 Pro firmware update is called "v1.2.0.50". That version refers to the X5 camera firmware version.
  • The newer aircraft firmware (v1.5.0.30) works on both Pro and non-Pro aircraft.
  • The newer aircraft firmware (v1.5.0.30) was not included in yesterday's Inspire 1 Pro update, but was included in today's version.
  • As a result, those who updated using the Inspire 1 Pro update with yesterday's Pro update had their camera firmware updated, but not their aircraft firmware
  • As a result, the DJI Go app told those people that their aircraft needed an update.
  • That is the "glitch" that DJI was talking about. There is no problem with the v1.2.0.50 camera firmware. The only problem is that the firmware package didn't include the latest aircraft firmware, which the Go app properly reported.
  • Today DJI released a new version of the Inspire 1 Pro update, which they also called "v1.2.0.50". This despite the fact that it is different from yesterday's release, which was also called "v1.2.0.50".
  • The only change in this newer version: it includes the latest aircraft firmware (v1.5.0.30). Please don't get confused by the fact that the update is named "v1.2.0.50", and it includes aircraft firmware "v1.5.0.30". These refer to two different version universes; the former refers to the camera firmware version, and the latter refers to the aircraft firmware version.
Because the latest aircraft firmware is included in today's Pro firmware release, the solution is simple: all X5 owners should download today's Inspire 1 Pro update (v1.2.0.50), and everything should be up to date. Your aircraft should end up at version 1.5.0.30, and your camera should end up at version 1.2.0.50. And the DJI Go app should not complain about needing an update.

And again, this is extremely poor release engineering by DJI:
  • There should not be separate updates for Pro vs. non-Pro
  • The updates should not have wildly different version numbers, depending on whether the update is for the aircraft or camera
  • They should never release a firmware update that doesn't include the latest code for every component in the system
  • They should never release two different updates with the same version number
This is a fiasco, and I hope they get their release engineering in order quickly.

Then they can upgrade the bit rate for 4K video to 100 megabits/second, which is what we are all waiting for.

Last edited:
Reactions: dronie and berns
But I might be wrong; on another thread, somebody said that yesterday's Pro update did include an aircraft update, but it was an older one. And that the difference between yesterday's and today's Pro updates is that today's includes the current aircraft update.

So who the hell knows.

Inter, apparently the X5 is limited to the bitrate you have now by its hardware, so I would NOT expect to every get much more out of this thing.
this time next year I am sure you'll see an X5II with the A10 chip which should give you what you want, but not after you spent a load more money.

After a back-and-forth with DJI support on their Facebook page, here are my conclusions:
  • The latest Inspire 1 (non-Pro) firmware update is called "v.1.5.0.30". That version refers to the aircraft firmware version.
  • The latest Inspire 1 Pro firmware update is called "v1.2.0.50". That version refers to the X5 camera firmware version.
  • The newer aircraft firmware (v1.5.0.30) works on both Pro and non-Pro aircraft.
  • The newer aircraft firmware (v1.5.0.30) was not included in the Inspire 1 Pro update.
  • As a result, those who updated using the Inspire 1 Pro update had their camera firmware updated, but not their aircraft firmware
  • As a result, the DJI Go app told those people that their aircraft needed an update.
  • That is the "glitch" that DJI was talking about. There is no problem with the v1.2.0.50 camera firmware. The only problem is that the Go app said that an aircraft update was needed.
  • DJI released a new version of the Inspire 1 Pro update, also called "v1.2.0.50". This despite the fact that the firmware did, in fact change.
  • The only change in this newer version: the DJI Go app no longer claims that the aircraft needs an update
  • This despite the fact that there is updated aircraft firmware available, but only to those who have an X3 camera. Because they didn't include it in either version of the Pro update.
  • Today's version of the Pro update will not update over yesterday's version. That's because they were given the same version number.
So there is one common goal for Pro owners: update the camera firmware to v1.2.0.50, without the DJI Go app complaining about an aircraft upgrade. But if you have an X3 camera, there is an option; do you also want to upgrade your aircraft firmware?

If you have an X3 camera, and want to upgrade both your camera firmware and your aircraft firmware:
If you don't have an X3 camera, or if you don't want to update your aircraft firmware yet:
In the end, the DJI Go app should not complain about needing an update.

• The updates should not have wildly different version numbers, depending on whether the update is for the aircraft or camera
  • They should never release a firmware update that doesn't include the latest code for every component in the system
This is a fiasco, and I hope they get their release engineering in order quickly.

Then they can upgrade the bit rate for 4K video to 100 megabits/second, which is what we are all waiting for.
Good summary except....today's version of the Pro update updated my aircraft firmware on my Pro to 1.5.00.30 so I believe this mornings updated version includes the aircraft firmware. I had reverted to the old 1.1.0.040 firmware yesterday. I believe the new version has straightened things out for non x3-x5 upgrade Pro owners.

DJI Support is a zoo. I called them many times yesterday and got a different answer every time. I guess it's somewhat understandable. They were dealing with the same screwup by the software folks that we were dealing with.

Yes, that's what others had led me to believe, and I soft of got a confirmation from DJI on Facebook. I will update my earlier comments now.

Guys

Updated pro with Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.2.0.50 (2015-12-10) today.

Updated RC at same time using normal wifi method.

No probs this end. Weather not good for test flight but IMU re calibrated/RC Stick Calib etc all done and within parameters.

No firmware updates flashing.

So recap- To update inspire pro x5 use Firmware v1.2.0.50 (2015-12-10),Update RC,Update to latest GO App.

Done

Just updated my inspire x3.

Shows need to update battery.

This does not show on my inspire pro x5 ( another A/C)

Anyone else?

Should I fly x5 with this battery? Thoughts?

Hi guys, following up with the reports on what is happening after the recent update 1.2.0.50 to my I1 PRO

I have done 27 flights on the last 3 days and:

1 Landing gear lowering by itself at least 3 times each flight. I have not tried YET without the landing gear assistant... Will try in a couple of hours.

2 gimbal loosing the horizon each time I change battery

3 lens calibration requested at the beginning of each flight

Any suggestions?

Looking for a door to adventure

Hi guys, following up with the reports on what is happening after the recent update 1.2.0.50 to my I1 PRO

I have done 27 flights on the last 3 days and:

1 Landing gear lowering by itself at least 3 times each flight. I have not tried YET without the landing gear assistant... Will try in a couple of hours.

2 gimbal loosing the horizon each time I change battery

3 lens calibration requested at the beginning of each flight

Any suggestions?

Looking for a door to adventure

I'm experiencing the same horizon issue after the new 1.2.0.50 (12/10/15) update. GO App is also saying that the copter and gimbal was not updated. I read that issue was suppose to be fixed in the new update. Also, when I updated from the 12/09/15 version to 12/10/15 my copter did not go through the update process. Did it not read the difference between the two versions?

Paola- it may be a simple fix. Are you on the latest version of the GO App. Try totally wiping it and re installing from dji/app store.

I was running latest version of Go App but when entering to check IMU I could see no values whatsoever. Did the above and all info restored.

I am getting old and I was certain I was on latest version of GO App. Maybe I was not-I genuinely am not 100% sure. I mean I could blag it and say I was,it was crap firmware,DJI sucks etc etc but then whats the point of posting!! Just being honest so others can learn from either glitch in software or my mistake.

HTH

Note: I have updated the below comments based on new **** that has since come to light.

• The newer aircraft firmware (v1.5.0.30) was not included in yesterday's Inspire 1 Pro update, but was included in today's version.
  • As a result, those who updated using the Inspire 1 Pro update with yesterday's Pro update had their camera firmware updated, but not their aircraft firmware
  • That is the "glitch" that DJI was talking about. There is no problem with the v1.2.0.50 camera firmware. The only problem is that the firmware package didn't include the latest aircraft firmware, which the Go app properly reported.
  • Today DJI released a new version of the Inspire 1 Pro update, which they also called "v1.2.0.50". This despite the fact that it is different from yesterday's release, which was also called "v1.2.0.50".
  • The only change in this newer version: it includes the latest aircraft firmware (v1.5.0.30). Please don't get confused by the fact that the update is named "v1.2.0.50", and it includes aircraft firmware "v1.5.0.30". These refer to two different version universes; the former refers to the camera firmware version, and the latter refers to the aircraft firmware version.
Because the latest aircraft firmware is included in today's Pro firmware release, the solution is simple: all X5 owners should download today's Inspire 1 Pro update (v1.2.0.50), and everything should be up to date. Your aircraft should end up at version 1.5.0.30, and your camera should end up at version 1.2.0.50. And the DJI Go app should not complain about needing an update.

I can confirm it is all good now using this latest I1P FW Update as documented above.

I can confirm it is all good now using this latest I1P FW Update as documented above.

Xrover - are you experiencing any issues with Gimbal roll? Mine is taking several seconds to straighten out after moving around. All other parts of the update went well.

Xrover - are you experiencing any issues with Gimbal roll? Mine is taking several seconds to straighten out after moving around. All other parts of the update went well.
After i did the update i waited 30 minutes and did an imu calibration followed by a compass calibration then did a gimbal calibration. The powered down everything and re started. All good. Gimbal settled after a few seconds.

Always let the craft cool down after any FW update and DO an imu calibration on a completely level surface away from any electrical or metallic interference. Then do an initial Compass Calibration and then a Compass Calibration. All those procedures determine how the gimbal is going to perform.

After i did the update i waited 30 minutes and did an imu calibration followed by a compass calibration then did a gimbal calibration. The powered down everything and re started. All good. Gimbal settled after a few seconds.

Always let the craft cool down after any FW update and DO an imu calibration on a completely level surface away from any electrical or metallic interference. Then do an initial Compass Calibration and then a Compass Calibration. All those procedures determine how the gimbal is going to perform.

Thanks Lenny - I will try tomorrow and report back.

Thank you! Followed your suggestions and it works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool