Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Australia G'Day from Australia

Hi Guy's.
You will be required to have a radio with you at all times, but you only need to use it in restricted or controlled airspace with casa approval to operate in that situation.
You will find this information in the casa part 101 witch is documented in your operations manual.
I use the icon radio you are all referring to
Great to chat to some Aussie's

Paul

Just looked up the icom and it says:

IC-A15
IC-A15 Icom’s most affordable (VHF) Air Band Transceiver (For ground and air operations)
So I assume it's ok for ground use.

Hi guys! Got mu RPAS last year....for the chief controllers test there is the review of your manual and then exam with you biggest multi rotor.
For the exam get yourself some small cones and learn to fly over them, rise and lower at angles, figure eights...in fact they have a guide on the test, shows the required flight patterns.
I am located on the Sunshine Coast.....don't expect work to come flooding in, recouping costs is .......a right off.
And then there is the insurance. $500 per bird (+ excess if you burn) plus third party.
Cheers

Hi Peter,

That's interesting what you say about work & recouping costs. Other people I know both directly and indirectly are doing very well for themselves.

Can I ask what kind of jobs you were taking and what sort of advertising you were running if any?

Marketing pamphlets to real estates. Engineering companies show and tell. Same for local governments......just been a slow process...need to educate potential clients for survey and inspection.
Difficult to recoup costs at the rates they want to pay!
Like probably spent 30k + on stuff, two people for difficult jobs.....
Have 5 current birds, each one for different kinds of jobs..
Been through 2 X Phantom V, lost a P3, don't use the Iris + anymore....flying is a money pit..you need a back up for jobs away or difficult ones, if you lose one you can't just pack up and go home, and wait while ordering another, need to finish job. Otherwise lose client as well.
Cheers

Marketing pamphlets to real estates. Engineering companies show and tell. Same for local governments......just been a slow process...need to educate potential clients for survey and inspection.
Difficult to recoup costs at the rates they want to pay!
Like probably spent 30k + on stuff, two people for difficult jobs.....
Have 5 current birds, each one for different kinds of jobs..
Been through 2 X Phantom V, lost a P3, don't use the Iris + anymore....flying is a money pit..you need a back up for jobs away or difficult ones, if you lose one you can't just pack up and go home, and wait while ordering another, need to finish job. Otherwise lose client as well.
Cheers
Hi Peter
Thanks for heads up on uoc flight review.
Keep on trying with your ideas you will get there. Don't be afraid to think outside the square either.
Paul.

Hi all. I am in southern NSW near Bega, on The Sapphire Coast. Got my controller's cert and starting on the Operators paperwork. Having just been quoted $2700 to have someone help with personalised documentation for submission, I decided to do it myself. Any advice would be appreciated. Seems crazy that we have to invest in equipment that won't start paying it's way for a year, due to delays in CASA processing. Not many businesses would survive if that was the norm.

Reactions: southerndoug
Ray, Google casa operations manual and drugs and alcohol manual. There are some draft ones you will need to edit and simplify. They are drafted for larger organisations.
Cheers

Hi Ray, you will be able to get assistance with your manual for under $2k if you need it. Do need to be careful though as I have heard that some people out there are just selling the CASA template as-is.

Hi Raymondo
Wicked Copters will do all for you for about thirteen hundred.
What I did was do it yourself and get them to format it correctly.
Any further issues let me know and I will help you out.
Paul

Geelong VIC Pilot here. I was multirotor certified back in July and just fixed wing certified last week. I run the P3P, Inspire 1 and getting an Aero M or Flying Wing UAV for survey work. I had a 3DR Solo but it let me down on a job and the P3P saved me. I do my training with Victoria UAS and they are going to build my survey rig.

My manuals are being done by RPAS Australia for 2600 but includes a UOC workshop on both platforms and RPAS Logger Enterprise for logging jobs and keeping in compliance. It's similar to OZ RWY's. I've done 7 jobs since being multirotor certified with other companies so far and I suppliment UAV jobs with videography for events and do a few shots with the drone which is the selling point without needing a UOC as I charge for the videography and editing.

My UOC is being submitted this month, I'm just holding things up by adding another airframe and finishing my company logo.

Good luck to the rest of you, if anyone in Melbourne or Geelong area want to work together I'm open to collaboration.

Reactions: southerndoug
Hi Guys,

Sydney based, submitted UOC September and have been estimated February from the CASA side.
Hoping it is sooner!!
Website under construction and FB page going, Just waiting for the UOC#
'One Vision UAV'

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd say hi in this thread from South of Sydney, did my CC(<20kg) and UOC through Total RPA in March this year, only got my UOC a bit over a month ago but the wait times are coming down now as they have employed more RPAS inspectors,

Brendan
Impact Aerials

I haven't done my UOC, I've only done my UCC (UAV Controller's Certificate). The UOC (UAV Operator's Certificate) is probably going to be done in January sometime.
I will be getting FPV Australia to help with it. They did my licence course. They're fantastic, and they run their licence course all over Australia.
I won't get them to do my UOC with me just yet, as I need to finish the Diploma of Government that I took on a couple of months ago before I try to take on any extra study at the moment - especially study where the examination by CASA costs up to $3000. I'm none too thrilled at the idea of not passing that one and paying again. So I'll want no other study on my plate at the time so I can really dedicate myself totally to it.

The processing of the Controller's Certificate was just a couple of weeks. Maybe less.

I picked up my Inspire last night, but spent most of the night trying to replace the plastic quick release propeller locks, with some metal ones. But both the clockwise ones refused to play ball.
I'll have to find another brand and try them. I'm none too keen on using any of the plastic ones, and at the moment I'm having to use the original plastic ones on the two clockwise props.

So because of that, I only got around to doing all the updates tonight. The Bird is now updated, the controller updated, and I believe the battery gets updated when the bird is, so one of them is probably updated, I'm just not sure when or how the remaining two batteries will get their updates.
Tomorrow I'm hoping to get off work early enough to finally put her in the air.
Welcome, you will love the Inspire
Sounds like you have the quick release propeller locks on the wrong motors, or you are putting the wrong props on. Try reversing them.

Nope. Wasn't that. I've now heard from another customer that had to shave a tiny bit off two of them. I wasn't prepared to do that so bought a different brand.
Now clocked up over 50 flights on them, done close to 100kms, and 9-10 hours airtime.
I'm also now using carbon-reinforced props on mine. They were expensive and had no major benefit, but they sure look cool with the yellow tips, so that's why I bought them. I know that's really sad LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: uhuh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell