Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Australia G'Day from Australia

Congratulations Paul.

I am finding more and more clients are asking for Certification. I have had flyers printed as a way of trying to educate potential clients.

Cheers,
Darrin
Thank you Darrin.
I spend a lot of time explaining what we have to do to get to where we are. People are so uneducated on our industry so what you are doing needs to adopted by all of us.

Cheers mate

No worries Paul.
We have noticed that information and education is certainly having an affect. Just today we did some work for clients that were previously using an illegal operator.

Where abouts are you located?

Cheers,
Darrin

No worries Paul.
We have noticed that information and education is certainly having an affect. Just today we did some work for clients that were previously using an illegal operator.

Where abouts are you located?

Cheers,
Darrin
I will be operating out of Goonellabah NSW.
Not far from Lismore.

Great. Not that far away. Let's try to catch up some time. Always good to bounce ideas off other people.

Hi Everyone!

My names Hayden & I have just completed my RPC with RPAS in Melbourne and am very interested in getting into the UAV industry. I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best way to gain experience or advice on getting a foot in the industry?

I am interested in gaining experience in all areas of aerial photography & videography including agricultural land surveying, real estate photography and television and media.

As per the forum, iv had an inspire 1 pro for about 4 months now and its a beautiful thing!

Any response would be great.

Cheers,

Hayden

Hi guys, my name is Steve. I'm based on the Central Coast of NSW. I have recently obtained my UCC and am currently going through the process of doing my UOC. I have filled out the Operations manual OK but I'm looking for help writing the RPAS Operational Library.

Would anyone out there with the UOC be able to show me what details to include in the RPAS Operational Library. If you could send me a copy of your Library or know of an example somewhere on the web that would be great. Just don't want to miss anything.

Cheers

Steve

Hi guys, great to see there's at least one Australian group here.

Did my UCC through RPAS training & solutions in Jandakot (I'm in Perth) who are also in the process of completing the Ops Manual.
Would be keen to network with other UCC/OUC holders in and around Perth.

Agree with the comments in the thread regarding the cost outlay to obtain and maintain a legal RPA operation, the lack of CASA enforcement doesn't give me 'warm fuzzys' about operating a profitable business, having to compete for with <2kg unlicensed operators... Most potential Clients I've been in communication with are completely unaware of any licence requirements!

Other than that I'm optimistically excited about what the future holds for RPA applications, yes the regulatory authority is playing catch-up, but with such emerging technology/industry applications this is not unusual. Looking to seek some enjoyment out of the industry as well, interesting times ahead.

Cheers,

Marty.

Hi Marty,

You will have your share of frustrations when it comes to dealing with uncertified operators, but what I have found is that rather than get angry and report them, try to educate clients on the legal issues. I have found that this is having a possitive affect.

What I now found frustrating is that I do exactly what is says I have to do in my excemptions, but then been told during a conversation with CASA that "you don't really have to do that".

Cheers,

Can someone clarify this one for me..

If you watch this short CASA video on the recreational users page it says you can fly in controlled airspace as long as you stay under 400ft. https://www.casa.gov.au/modelaircraft

But if you fly commercially you can't? Seems a bit silly seeing a commercial operator / licenced operator would be much more educated on all the safety aspects etc.

As Pauline Hanson would say.. "Please Explain"?

Hi Jarado,

I use BMG Aviation for my insurance. They are based on the Sunshine Coast.

Cheers.

Hi Marty,

You will have your share of frustrations when it comes to dealing with uncertified operators, but what I have found is that rather than get angry and report them, try to educate clients on the legal issues. I have found that this is having a possitive affect.

What I now found frustrating is that I do exactly what is says I have to do in my excemptions, but then been told during a conversation with CASA that "you don't really have to do that".

Cheers,
For me, I have decided not to get flight clearances when I have to do work for myself. I regret the day I got my license. Im better off hiring an unlicensed operator who can smash his own drone for a few dollars. I have lost interest. One only has to look on this site to see no one cares about sticking to the rules. I have decided to join them.

For me, I have decided not to get flight clearances when I have to do work for myself. I regret the day I got my license. Im better off hiring an unlicensed operator who can smash his own drone for a few dollars. I have lost interest. One only has to look on this site to see no one cares about sticking to the rules. I have decided to join them.
Sorry to see you have flipped and are prepared to engage uncertified pilots for commercial work. After all your rantings in here about unlicenced pilots over the past months, you now join in supporting their responsible cause? Laughable, out of pity of your hypocrisy.

If you are basing your decision on what is posted in forums you will see a grossly distorted usage base giving false impressions of what is going on. The 100's and thousands of flights undertaken by responsible operators every day never gets posted here. Live long and prosper responsible commercial operators!

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Reactions: dasko
Sorry to see you have flipped and are prepared to engage uncertified pilots for commercial work. After all your rantings in here about unlicenced pilots over the past months, you now join in supporting their responsible cause? Laughable, out of pity of your hypocrisy.

If you are basing your decision on what is posted in forums you will see a grossly distorted usage base giving false impressions of what is going on. The 100's and thousands of flights undertaken by responsible operators every day never gets posted here. Live long and prosper responsible commercial operators!

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified
As I said, It is easier to join them. Unlicensed pilots are promoted heavily here. Have you ever seen a video that folIows the rules? No.. I keep getting in trouble from you guys as you mentioned. I shot 3 tv commercials this week using drone shots and it is easier to send one up without worrying about flight clearances etc. I still follow the rules for safety but I have given up putting myself out while we have unlicensed operators doing what they want. I cant see the point. I only use a few seconds for tv commercials most of the time.
I cancelled the order for the M600 and have given up waiting for the new Inspire. I'm just using my p3 now.

As I said, It is easier to join them. Unlicensed pilots are promoted heavily here. Have you ever seen a video that folIows the rules? No.. I keep getting in trouble from you guys as you mentioned. I shot 3 tv commercials this week using drone shots and it is easier to send one up without worrying about flight clearances etc. I still follow the rules for safety but I have given up putting myself out while we have unlicensed operators doing what they want. I cant see the point. I only use a few seconds for tv commercials most of the time.
I cancelled the order for the M600 and have given up waiting for the new Inspire. I'm just using my p3 now.
After all your ranting over the months I guess you will just have to report yourself Dennis :p

Complaints | Civil Aviation Safety Authority

CASA Tel:1800 074 737

After all your ranting over the months I guess you will just have to report yourself Dennis :p

Complaints | Civil Aviation Safety Authority

CASA Tel:1800 074 737
And I will. There will be times I need to get flight clearance but for other times, I will risk it. If I do any videos that are dangerous or illegal like flying over the San Francisco bridge, Ill upload for you all to see. I was just watching one a few mins ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu