Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Getting my BNUC-S for CAA clearance.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Relatively new inspire owner here. Looking to get my BNUC-S sorted for commercial clearance from the CAA.

Who would you recommend doing this course/assessment with.

Reading some comments on here I'm having doubt about booking with the company I was intending to. Any experience from those in the UK would be welcome.

I actually found Eurosusc OK, others mileage may be diffrent.

They have a wide choice of venues for the course and i think BNUC-S is more internationally recognised. I like their exam papers are multiple choice. They do expect you to do an aircraft test for each if you have more than one in order to get the full certificate even though the PFAW is by weight class. You still need ops manuals approved by the CAA for each aircraft.

Overall they were cheaper when I evaluated it last January. The big holdup is waiting for the CAA to issue the PFAW.

Hi all,

Relatively new inspire owner here. Looking to get my BNUC-S sorted for commercial clearance from the CAA.

Who would you recommend doing this course/assessment with.

Reading some comments on here I'm having doubt about booking with the company I was intending to. Any experience from those in the UK would be welcome.
Where in the country are you located Richard?

Hi I've recently passed my ground school exam with the eurousc and although the course is intense over the two days , I thought it was well put together and the instructor was very helpful , just in the middle of my ops manual then onto the flight test.

I am also finding it difficult to find the correct route to CAA clearance.

I am based in Devon, are there any reputable companies that I could get in contact with?

Yes - PM me

Hi Richard,
I would highly recommend EuroUSC. I'm taking my flying test with them next week and fingers crossed will be able to commence working in July. But I would also say that it is quite a steep learning curve, a lot to absorb and remember. Getting the CAA accreditation, permission to work, with them is a three stage process. Attending the ground school with an exam on the second day, building an operations manual and developing it until it is accepted and finally the flight exam.

They run courses throughout the UK and the instructors are both knowledgeable and helpful but ultimately a lot of the work you have do yourself. Some of the training might seem over the top for machines like the Inspire 1 or the phantom series but it's all designed to get you thinking in the right direction, safely.

I'm not scared of a bit of hard work.
:)
Do EuroUSC provide help / guidance with the operations manual?

I do like the fact I can do part one relatively locally.

Do you pay for the lot up front or did you pay for each part as you booked it?

You pay for each part of the course as you go. Theory first then you pay for the Ops manual and flight test. After you have completed the theory and paid for the Ops manual submission and flight test they send you a basic template for the Ops manual. This is really helpful to get you going although you will have to go through it bit by bit and customise it for your needs. Ops manual is the most time consuming part I found.

Resource group are quite near to you in the Cotswolds or South Wales.
Excellent training by mostly ex military.

For those looking at going on the EuroUSC course, I recently completed the flight test and compiled the following blog which may be of interest.

Guide to the BNUC-S Flight Test

Hey RC Geeks! Congratulations on passing your flight test and thanks for the link to your blog with all the pictures. I took my exam at the same location using the machine I bought from RC Geeks and had much the same experience as you did.

Reactions: RCGeeks
Hey RC Geeks! Congratulations on passing your flight test and thanks for the link to your blog with all the pictures. I took my exam at the same location using the machine I bought from RC Geeks and had much the same experience as you did.

Haha, great to hear!

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207