Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Getting Permission to Fly over the Vatican with Mavic 3

Reaction score
Hi!

So I have a EU certificate for open category A2, and I would like to know how I can apply for a permit to fly over the Vatican.
I have already got a D-flight subscription, I am registered there a pilot ( I am waiting for the final confirmation) and my drone is registered there.

I just dont know what would be the next steps.

Reactions: rbycapri
Hello,
check the area where are you going to fly, consult the map d-flight,AIP maps, if the geographical zones fall under "Open Category A2" wich i find difficult in Vatican area due multiple hidden sensibile buildings and Two Airports,(Aerodrome Traffic Zone) if all clear then you can just take off once local "Polizia Municipale" knows about you.

If not possible in Open Cathegory you need apply for "Specific Cathegory" SORA,Samwise (requisites needed) can help you in thise 2nd case! however it will take huge amount of time patience to get permit to fly there!

the NAA website :

good luck

Reactions: hhung516
Hello,
check the area where are you going to fly, consult the map d-flight,AIP maps, if the geographical zones fall under "Open Category A2" wich i find difficult in Vatican area due multiple hidden sensibile buildings and Two Airports,(Aerodrome Traffic Zone) if all clear then you can just take off once local "Polizia Municipale" knows about you. ometv chatroulette

If not possible in Open Cathegory you need apply for "Specific Cathegory" SORA,Samwise (requisites needed) can help you in thise 2nd case! however it will take huge amount of time patience to get permit to fly there!

good luck

thanks for the awesome information.

Last edited:
Reactions: rbycapri

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela