Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal Modes

• Thread starter Deleted member 18003
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18003

I was flying this past weekend and attempted to change gimbal modes while in flight. I believe I took off in the Follow mode and it stayed that way the entire flight. Does anyone know for sure that one cannot change gimbal modes while in flight?

I was flying this past weekend and attempted to change gimbal modes while in flight. I believe I took off in the Follow mode and it stayed that way the entire flight. Does anyone know for sure that one cannot change gimbal modes while in flight?

Gimbal modes are freely selectable during flight. It would be pretty pointless if they were not since you would not be able to adjust for different shots etc whilst airborne.

Thank you for your response. I tried changing it with the onscreen buttons, but it would not change from Follow

Thank you for your response. I tried changing it with the onscreen buttons, but it would not change from Follow
Would the app not respond or did it appear to change on the app but the gimbal would not change mode?

Would the app not respond or did it appear to change on the app but the gimbal would not change mode?
When I selected a different gimbal button, it appeared to change in the app. The actual gimbal action did not change. I was hovering on my last battery about to land when I decided to change the mode and check it out, that's why I could not land, reboot and try it again.
The next time I go fly, I will surely try to recreate

Why does it not stay on what you have selected when you reboot?
i had the same question in another thread... should be like the camera setting stayi g ghe way i left it... coukd that be forwarded to dji in case of enough requests??

it has a default mode so defaults to follow me mode upon restart.
I personally think that this makes sense as when a pilot starts up and begins initial flight you really want regular pov from the camera. you then get oriented, line up your shot and set the camera settings and gimbal mode for that element of your flight.
Free mode is only really useful when your filming something specific and dont want the yaw of the inspire to alter the framing.
Most of us have C1 or C2 set to return the camera to centre for orientation POV purposes.
I for one am ok with it defaulting even though I fly free mode most of the time.

i also use free mode only since i have an operator but sometimes forget to switch which is anoying at times to always switch after a battery swap...
convinience... i am a comfortable person... the option should or could be there on which one is default at startup... that would be best... free for everyone to chose...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84