Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal noise and Crystal Sky connection

Reaction score
Afternoon All,

Having recently purchased an Inspire 2 (aircraft and props), and finally purchasing ’all’ my components (Inspire 2 controller, DII Charging hub, powerpack, X5S - including DJI 15 lens, balance ring and hood, and a Crystal Sky 7.85 screen-all brand new, less the aircraft). So after the excruciating process of updating all the associated software/fireware, application etc, plus linking controller, I have experienced the following issues, first the Crystal Sky fails to connect to aircraft via controller (tried 5” CS-no luck) swapped out for IPhone (8 plus) and it worked instantly and without fault. Second after all the aircraft calibrations, I powered down the aircraft and connected the X5S, did it's standard dance but appeared off by a few degrees to the left with some minor noise in the gimbal. At this point I conducted a gimbal calibration to see if it corrected the alignment but during the calibration (@ about 3O% the gimbal started shuddering and creating a ’grinding type’ sound, not the most technical description but anyway, then jumped from 40% to showing the calibration complete dialogue). At this point I powered everything down and took a second shot with the same results. Now before I take this in for repair and spend a load more cash I was wondering if anyone had the same issues or understand what is happening. Thanking you all in advance.

Reactions: ckinney
Hello TSouthall67,
I have had a similar sounding problem with gimbals, but I fly the Inspire1 Pro (X5 camera). My gimbal issue started in flight when we noticed the video we were shooting started vibrating vertically during filming. Landed immediately and switched cameras to the X3 - no issues. In Post flight checkout the video was recorded with the vibrations. But the major issue was the X5 would not complete power-up or initialization when the Inspire was turned on. Same response on our second Inspire. Called DJI and the tech gave me an RMA and the camera was sent in. The feedback from DJI was the the internal plate on the gimbal was cracked. DJI re[aired and returned the X5 in 8 days, I was impressed. However, This bird/camera configuration has never crashed, so there must be a different reason for the cracked gimbal. Here is my conclusion. When transporting the Inspire manually, Like walking a mile to be beach, I was carrying the Inspire with the X5 mounted.....not a good idea. I think the constant vibration with the X5 mounted created extra stress when transporting improperly. So, now any manual transports are done with the X5 off the bird. I know this a stretch, but small changes in how we operate/transport can make a difference in maintenance problems down the road. Please take this case as a possibility, not a cause/affect solution. Thanks

Thanks for the advice, after multiple software, firmware and other software upgrade (that I had done so many time it was ridiculous ) it corrected the problem. You live and learn ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG