Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal Pitch Smoothness

Reaction score
This slider on gimbal advanced settings page does nothing, no matter if it's set to 0 or 30. For change the same feature on Phantom 3 Pro works as desired, providing nice ramp In and out after the left dial wheel on RC is released. Can anybody confirm that with Inspire 1 Pro? ... No need to fly, just fire up the system on your desk and try to tweak the settings. Zero value should provide abrupt pitch up/down, anything above zero should result with ramped pitch speed and delayed stop.

Last edited:
This slider on gimbal advanced settings page does nothing, no matter if it's set to 0 or 30. For change the same feature on Phantom 3 Pro works as desired, providing nice ramp In and out after the left dial wheel on RC is released. Can anybody confirm that with Inspire 1 Pro? ... No need to fly, just fire up the system on your desk and try to tweak the settings. Zero value should provide abrupt pitch up/down, anything above zero should result with ramped pitch speed and delayed stop.
It works on mine as you describe but it's only noticeable with quite a fast pitch movement.

Adjust the Gimbal pitch and yaw expo down to 5 or less and see if that changes anything.

Adjust the Gimbal pitch and yaw expo down to 5 or less and see if that changes anything.
Like I said, changes of Gimbal Pitch Smoothness value doesn't affect pitching behavior, regardless of Gimbal Pitch EXP settings ...

Like I said, changes of Gimbal Pitch Smoothness value doesn't affect pitching behavior, regardless of Gimbal Pitch EXP settings ...

If you would have said that in your original post I never would have suggested adjusting the EXP's down. The fact that you DID NOT say you adjusted the Gimbal pitch and yaw EXP setting in your original post is why I suggested that.

It sure works on mine, What version of the go app are you using?

If you would have said that in your original post I never would have suggested adjusting the EXP's down. The fact that you DID NOT say you adjusted the Gimbal pitch and yaw EXP setting in your original post is why I suggested that.

It sure works on mine, What version of the go app are you using?
I'm afraid we aren't on the same page ... Anyway, Go app (iOS) version is the most recent.

These are the settings that give me a very smooth start and finish to panning and tilting. If I move the pitch and yaw EXP settings to 7 the pitch and yaw really speeds up. A sensitive finger on the pitch and yaw wheel helps also.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.PNG
    IMG_0015.PNG
    2.5 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Reactions: Johnsimatos
These are the settings that give me a very smooth start and finish to panning and tilting. If I move the pitch and yaw EXP settings to 7 the pitch and yaw really speeds up. A sensitive finger on the pitch and yaw wheel helps also.

I hope you don't mind I took a screenshot to try them out too [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SanCap
OK, I know what I was missing: C1 and C2 buttons customization! Now (with your guidance) I can manage relatively smooth pitching ramp in and out. Yaw is not that critical for my filming style since I fly mostly in Follow gimbal mode. Still the Gimbal Pitch Smoothnes is better articulated on my Phantom 3 Pro, IMHO ... Thank you, brother.

Last edited:
Reactions: SanCap
OK, I know what I was missing: C1 and C2 buttons customization! Now (with your guidance) I can manage relatively smooth pitching ramp in and out. Yaw is not that critical for my filming style since I fly mostly in Follow gimbal mode. Still the Gimbal Pitch Smoothnes is better articulated on my Phantom 3 Pro, IMHO ... Thank you, brother.

Glad I was able to help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineC