Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Go Professional Case Arrived

Reaction score
Bigger than I realized but very sturdy. More batteries still on the way to cram in, but here it is with TSA-approved locks. (Batteries will have to come with me in the cabin).

Tips the scales at 46lb with Inspire, 2 remotes, 2 iPad Mini 2's, 3 chargers, other accessories and batteries (they'll come out for flight):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424313467.248138.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1424313479.981308.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1424313488.748708.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1424313500.299457.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1424313509.513908.jpg

I have the same case.... Love it! Are you taking it on a plane anytime soon? If so, please let me know how it does on the trip. I'm debating checking it when I fly to Florida in May or just using the freebie case and carrying it on. I'd love to see how it does as checked baggage. So worried about some airline employee throwing it around.
image.jpg

Last edited:
I'm on the fence as well. But I know from experience checking my GPC with Phantom 2, plastering the case with red "FRAGILE" stickers and using locks is essential. The airlines also have their own FRAGILE stickers I've plastered on for good measure.

Then, at least
  • Any well-meaning soul who handles the case will at least know there are fragile contents inside (assuming it is handled by well meaning souls), and
  • Any curious-but-not-authoirized-to-open-customer-luggage dudes can't open the case without cutting the locks or getting the TSA official master key. They can of course steal the case in it's entirety :)

I would really prefer this case if non travel mode could be accommodated. Ordered a tradecraft for exactly that reason, but would prefer this rectangular case.

Travel mode. Although, the case is deep enough with a sharp knife to shape things a little I wouldn't be surprised if it could handle non-travel mode. Worth an experiment when I get a few minutes.
does it fit a full ipad air 2 u think? not just minis? I may wait. looking for a case that can keep props on and Gimbol would be nice, (dont know if that could hurt gimbol though)like my phantom case.

Can I ask why you
I would really prefer this case if non travel mode could be accommodated. Ordered a tradecraft for exactly that reason, but would prefer this rectangular case.

can I ask why you would prefer non-travel mode? Is there some reason that makes it better?

Can I ask why you

can I ask why you would prefer non-travel mode? Is there some reason that makes it better?

I find it cumbersome to power up, transition, power down, install camera, and then power up. Opposite procedure putting away. Really not a huge deal.

I simply prefer to pull the Inspire out of the case and go.

does it fit a full ipad air 2 u think? not just minis? I may wait. looking for a case that can keep props on and Gimbol would be nice, (dont know if that could hurt gimbol though)like my phantom case.

Yes, I believe it will fit full-sized iPad Air 2's, no problem. The other great thing about this case is that if you need extra room, there is plenty of foam to cut out if you need it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido