Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

GOING FOR 333

The exemption will take 120 days. The LS pilots license can be had in 2-4 months depending on how often you fly. I filed for my exemption the same week I started taking flight instruction. Just an FYI. Flight training is NOT for the feint of heart and the washout rate is very high.

Any insurance company that insures an illegal pilot for damage that occurs during commercial operations would be breaking the law. It's likely that they would NOT pay those claims.

The exemption will take 120 days. The LS pilots license can be had in 2-4 months depending on how often you fly. I filed for my exemption the same week I started taking flight instruction. Just an FYI. Flight training is NOT for the feint of heart and the washout rate is very high.

Any insurance company that insures an illegal pilot for damage that occurs during commercial operations would be breaking the law. It's likely that they would NOT pay those claims.

I'd say it's much longer than 120 days now. I sent mine off in early August and haven't got it yet.

I'd say it's much longer than 120 days now. I sent mine off in early August and haven't got it yet.
Did you apply for a summary grant? Those are essentially identical to apps that have already been approved. They move faster.

Larr,

There is really no good answer to that question. If it were me, I would do them simultaneously. The 333 approval process has been taking quite a while. I have seen wait times of around 7 months. While waiting for your exemption, you could be earning your license.

Joe

Larr,

There is really no good answer to that question. If it were me, I would do them simultaneously. The 333 approval process has been taking quite a while. I have seen wait times of around 7 months. While waiting for your exemption, you could be earning your license.

Joe

I am at 6 months right now for the 333, funny thing is my friend applied 5 days after me and got his about a week ago. Go figure!

Reactions: kcobello
Ours was listed on the FAA site in December after being accepted in October. We were told it sometimes depends on your type of exemption or what you are asking to do. If your trying to get one for closed set, it would be harder and may take longer to get. Keep in mind I am only the messenger. I was told this..:)

So get paid...Just don't do anything that would attract attention to yourself...ie - end up on the news
Try not making a website. I've been waiting for a 333 exemption since Aug 18, 2015, built a website posted some shots and videos and today received a subpoena from the FAA Des Moines, Ill office wanting all videos, photos, social media links and records dating back to Mar 2014. So beware fellow pilots. And NO I have NOT been paid penny one from anyone.

... the FAA Des Moines, Ill office wanting all videos, photos, social media links and records dating back to Mar 2014. So beware fellow pilots...

WTF? And there is a legal foundation for them to force you to put your "pants" down? I would understand if they are looking for criminal records or anything like that but what they want seems a bit overshooting the mark.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin