Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Good Service from DJI Europe (NL) and little frustration

Reaction score
Website
www.moraysky.co.uk
While participating in the recent beta programme, my I1 reported a baro fault. DJI beta team arranged a fast track repair to the new DJI Europe repair facility in the Netherlands. In as little as 2 weeks (most of it in transit), I received my I1 back today with the Flight Controller replaced and FW 1.3.0.0 installed. Great service.

Suffering from withdrawal symptoms, I quickly unpacked it and, after sorting out the RC firmware, I updated the gimbal/camera and battery firmware to 1.3.0.0. Right ready to fly I thought. No. Doing my pre-flight checks I found there was no video signal and no sensor data display (just blank fields). I raised a detailed email report to DJI and then in frustration I re-formated a different MicroSD with the aim of trying to downgrade to 1.2.1.6. At this point the video signal came back and checking the sensor page I had a full set of valid data. The only variable between the 2 states was no firmware on the MicroSD card after the reformat. I have since completed 2 flights with no problems. Interestingly, video and stills were recorded both before and after the I1 corrected itself. I am still scratching my head as to the cause of the problem. Apology email sent to DJI.

As an aside I was asked to active my I1 with the new GO app again. This allowed me to change my I1's name - to what my wife calls it - Beastie.

I think you did send your Inspire to my dealer.They were talking about you when I mentioned your charger for the batteries which they send you

I would suspect the App rather than the Aircraft.
I know that when the RC reset patch is applied, it is often necessary to delete the existing App and re-install it to clear the existing App memory (cache).
Just a thought..

Reactions: Scotflieger
I think you did send your Inspire to my dealer.They were talking about you when I mentioned your charger for the batteries which they send you
My ears are burning. I have had to recently send 2 parcels to the Netherlands. It is very expensive, long-winded and subject to delays at the Channel Tunnel. Why can't we have a service centre in the UK.

I just ordered a Inspirecase from the UK and I got this in 4 days.And yes I hope that there will be a servicecenter in the UK.At least I'm looking for some good dealers,because in 8 days I will go to the UK for 3 weeks.So you will be warned for an increase of Inspire flights in your country.:):):)

Reactions: Scotflieger
I would suspect the App rather than the Aircraft.
I know that when the RC reset patch is applied, it is often necessary to delete the existing App and re-install it to clear the existing App memory (cache).
Just a thought..
I did that and flew another successful flight. I previously had 2 beta builds installed so a clean install was a good idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters