Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gps dropping out

John, did you get to fix your problem? I got a brand new Inspire 1 Raw and I'm experience the same thing. And I have one detail: gps drops just when I raise the landing gear. Regards.
Did you figure out the problem with your Inspire.. I have the same thing just started.

This is one of my major complaints with the DJI Inspire 1.
I'm also getting the P-Atti frequently; when this happens, the Inspire 1 drifts with the wind. This is more than a bit disconcerting, and seems to occur on almost every flight - from the beginning- back to January 2015 . In fact I don't think I've ever flown without this happening numerous times.
It certainly keeps one on ones toes!!
I would absolutely appreciate if someone would be kind enough to recommend possible solutions.The log shows that there are least 14 to 17 satellites consistently, so I don't think it's a loss of satellite issue.

This is one of my major complaints with the DJI Inspire 1.
I'm also getting the P-Atti frequently; when this happens, the Inspire 1 drifts with the wind. This is more than a bit disconcerting, and seems to occur on almost every flight - from the beginning- back to January 2015 . In fact I don't think I've ever flown without this happening numerous times.
It certainly keeps one on ones toes!!
I would absolutely appreciate if someone would be kind enough to recommend possible solutions.The log shows that there are least 14 to 17 satellites consistently, so I don't think it's a loss of satellite issue.
That is definitely not typical.
I have two Inspires the first of which I have owned from when they were first released. I have probably had 'weak GPS' in maybe a couple of instances and hundreds of hours of flight time.
Your UBLOX GPS antenna could possibly be cracked.

That is definitely not typical.
I have two Inspires the first of which I have owned from when they were first released. I have probably had 'weak GPS' in maybe a couple of instances and hundreds of hours of flight time.
Your UBLOX GPS antenna could possibly be cracked.
Thank you for getting back to me.

It's their way of actually replacing the UPLOX GPS antenna? Second question is how would one go about replacing this are there instructions I like to follow somewhere?

Thank you for getting back to me.

It's their way of actually replacing the UPLOX GPS antenna? Second question is how would one go about replacing this are there instructions I like to follow somewhere?
Yes you can - depends how confident you are at stripping down your aircraft.
The part is not available from DJI though so you would need to source it from someone parting out an Inspire on here or eBay etc.
Before going that route though I would suggest stripping down your Inspire and thoroughly checking all plugs/cable going from the GPS module to the main board/flight controller.
There have been a few instances of bad soldering on the GPS module socket at the top of the Inspire (under the housing) and this is where the UBLOX sits.

Failing that, I'm afraid it means sending it in as mentioned above it is a hardware problem rather than software related.
The only exception to that would be if you were running a very very early version of firmware where the algorithms were a little over zealous in dropping into P-Atti mode if the craft detected any anomaly from the sensors. However, this tended to be compass related rather than GPS.

I'm having the same problem. 15 satellites while the inspire is on the ground, then as soon as I take off and raise the landing gear, it drops to 2 or zero and switches into atti mode.

Vince

I'm having the same problem. 15 satellites while the inspire is on the ground, then as soon as I take off and raise the landing gear, it drops to 2 or zero and switches into atti mode.

Vince
Hi im take same problem on ground 16-18 sats. In air drop gps signal to red 2of 5 (but sats locked 16-18)strenth ant go to atti mode for 5 seconds. And after 5 seconds gps signal strenth 5 of 5 and on gps mode. Please help me. Im remove gps antenna for inspection , no crackings , visual as new. But hawe this bug, please help resolwe this issue. Dji support say send to him. But thanks , im take hands , but need little help

Hi im take same problem on ground 16-18 sats. In air drop gps signal to red 2of 5 (but sats locked 16-18)strenth ant go to atti mode for 5 seconds. And after 5 seconds gps signal strenth 5 of 5 and on gps mode. Please help me. Im remove gps antenna for inspection , no crackings , visual as new. But hawe this bug, please help resolwe this issue. Dji support say send to him. But thanks , im take hands , but need little help
Have you gone to the most recent version of the firmware? (The 11.50, not the 10.40) When I sent mine to a vendor on here and had the fw updated it came back with this problem. Fix for me was using my spare flight controler/lightbridge/imu.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide