Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Has anyone made a preflight checklist

Hey guys, I tried putting my preflight checklist into the "Academy" section of the pilot app but it doesn't show up. It was saved as a pdf, anyone have a work around for this?

That is a great idea...it would be really nice to have this checklist as part of the app so you don't need to bring along anything else. But I have no idea how to upload a document to this app.

That is a great idea...it would be really nice to have this checklist as part of the app so you don't need to bring along anything else. But I have no idea how to upload a document to this app.

I actually just saved it as a pdf (my checklist) and dragged and dropped it into the dji folder containing the other pdf's you see in the app. However even though the file is in there, it will not show. I'm assuming some sort of hackerness will be needed to make the file show. Yes, hackerness.

Reactions: Jason Schiffner
I actually just saved it as a pdf (my checklist) and dragged and dropped it into the dji folder containing the other pdf's you see in the app. However even though the file is in there, it will not show. I'm assuming some sort of hackerness will be needed to make the file show. Yes, hackerness.
"hackerness" is a real thing, totally. :)

HEY DJI...... it would be a great addition to be able to add A PDF or Checklist to the academy part of the app. idea comes from USER " SOFILMS". ( i would like this as well) as for some shoots im on could upload shot list or some other paperwork to be stored in app for quick reference.

I'm finding the simple laminated checklist I made works very well...I'm thinking if the checklist is on the app as a screen, then I would need to go back and forth from this list to several screens on the app. I just carry this list in my back pocket...it is customized to my needs...what I think I need to be checking...and I've found it to be simple and gives me confidence that I'm focusing the way I need to be focusing.

Reactions: Ike
Why not just open the PDF in a different app on the device? With iOS devices, and I'm sure Android is the same, it's very easy to switch between different apps (the Pilot app and a PDF reader).

You could even load the checklist in a todo list app, so you could physically check off each item as you complete it. Then reset it for next time.

Good idea...but I am old school big time.

I am willing to bet that I am the oldest Inspire 1 owner in the world. I just turned 67.

However, my wife would argue that my overall "maturational age" is 17.

Good idea...but I am old school big time.

I am willing to bet that I am the oldest Inspire 1 owner in the world. I just turned 67.

However, my wife would argue that my overall "maturational age" is 17.
My guess is that most of us here have a maturational age of around 17. :D

Reactions: mac4468
Hey guys, I have over 200 flights with the A model and ordered when the Inspire 1 was announced in NOV 14.

I've read every single crash/fly away post on all the pages/forums. I've put together a comprehensive pre-flight checklist that, I believe, prevents every preventable problem. Also, it's way cool, because it lights up the boxes as you check them. And you get a green light when all the boxes are checked.

Inspire 1 Preflight checklist: http://www.dronefrontier.com/inspire1checklist

Reactions: Ike and Busch
Hey guys, I have over 200 flights with the A model and ordered when the Inspire 1 was announced in NOV 14.

I've read every single crash/fly away post on all the pages/forums. I've put together a comprehensive pre-flight checklist that, I believe, prevents every preventable problem. Also, it's way cool, because it lights up the boxes as you check them. And you get a green light when all the boxes are checked.

Inspire 1 Preflight checklist: http://www.dronefrontier.com/inspire1checklist

According The Editor, the forum rules state we are "not post hyperlinks in threads/posts to [our] own commercial website/s."

According The Editor, the forum rules state we are "not post hyperlinks in threads/posts to [our] own commercial website/s."
Thanks for your interest. I'm guessing that you found the checklist useful? First, dronefrontier.com has nothing for sale, but it does have links to other sites--some of which have things for sale. Second, I talked with the owners of this site about this topic. The response I got was that it's appropriate to share things when in context.

Truthfully, it's a really good checklist and it's free. Second, it promotes safe use of the drone we all love. Third, the only thing that you can learn about, which you could purchase from another site, is a t-shirt about the drone we all love. And that shirt increases safety of flight, because it enables you to "answer" all the questions that people ask while you fly without having to talk to them and be distracted.

Reactions: Ike
Correct.
Rule 10 of community guidelines (which everybody agrees to when they sign up) states:
10. NO SPAM! Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants (excluding paid advertisers) may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest. Exceptions to this may be found in the Classifieds or other explicitly designated commercial areas.

Jason - I assume Jacob has agreed to allow the link?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela