Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello from Bamako, Mali, West Africa

Reaction score
Greetings for all of you,

I'm Romanian citizen, staying and working in Mali since 2 years ago. Up till now I was flying a Parrot Bip Bop (a joke comparing with DJI). Recently I bought an Inspire 1 Pro. Nice bird, is another world. The step up is very big, that's why I came to signup on this forum. Is a very good source of info.

Thanks to all of you,
Stefan Buzoianu

PS. I'm also french speaker if somebody need help in that language.

Bienvenue Stefan!

Hope you are liking the forums. Would love to hear from you about flying drones as a tourist in Mali as I am planning to visit Mali sometime this year. Any tips or things any drone pilot should be aware of?

Bienvenue Stefan!

Hope you are liking the forums. Would love to hear from you about flying drones as a tourist in Mali as I am planning to visit Mali sometime this year. Any tips or things any drone pilot should be aware of?

Hello, this is quite new to hear somebody to wish to visit Mali as a Tourist :)
Now regarding tips:
1. Obligatory at least a UV transparent filter in order to protect the camera against sand and dust.
2. Make here or bring a 1 sqm. helipad (again to protect against sand and dust during takeoff and landing)
3. Regarding the time to come,between February and May you have 45 degrees or +. Between June and September is a rain season. October to January is the best time for living in Mali.

Hello, this is quite new to hear somebody to wish to visit Mali as a Tourist :)

The travel warning from the state department can't help.

The U.S. Department of State continues to warn U.S. citizens against all travel to Mali because of ongoing terrorist attacks and criminal violence. Effective December 27, the Embassy will change its status to "Adult Eligible Family Members Only," meaning that no one 21 years old or younger will be allowed to accompany U.S. government employees assigned to Mali. This Travel Warning replaces the Travel Warning dated July 1, 2016.

Greetings for all of you,

I'm Romanian citizen, staying and working in Mali since 2 years ago. Up till now I was flying a Parrot Bip Bop (a joke comparing with DJI). Recently I bought an Inspire 1 Pro. Nice bird, is another world. The step up is very big, that's why I came to signup on this forum. Is a very good source of info.

Thanks to all of you,
Stefan Buzoianu

PS. I'm also french speaker if somebody need help in that language.

Are you still here in Bamako

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1