Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
I have flown collective pitch helicopters for the last eight years. I enjoy it as a hobby. I have also enjoyed photography as a hobby for a big part of my life. The photograpy part of my life goes back a long ways, all the way back to the Kodak Brownie cameras.

I was building my own self built skids for my helocopters to carry my DSLR before mulitrotors or gimbals were even in the main stream of public awareness. Back then multirotors were very expensive and rather crude and complicated. So I built my own contraption and it worked. Although not nearly as well as I wanted. And that wasn't very long ago.

During the last two years I have bulit two DJI Flame Wheel 550's with gimbals for the GoPro cameras. The most recent of which has retractable landing gear and an extention that carries my GoPro Hero 4 out in front of the props so I no longer get prop shadow in my picures and video. These UAV's have worked amazingly well for me, but I have been admiring the Inspire 1 for the last year and now that the Inspire 1 Pro is out I couldn't hold my savings in my pocket any longer. My Inspire 1 Pro X5 should be in today or tomorrow from Image One in Riverside CA.

I'm looking forward to all the interaction with all of you. Thanks for the opportunity to be a part.

I have flown collective pitch helicopters for the last eight years. I enjoy it as a hobby. I have also enjoyed photography as a hobby for a big part of my life. The photograpy part of my life goes back a long ways, all the way back to the Kodak Brownie cameras.

I was building my own self built skids for my helocopters to carry my DSLR before mulitrotors or gimbals were even in the main stream of public awareness. Back then multirotors were very expensive and rather crude and complicated. So I built my own contraption and it worked. Although not nearly as well as I wanted. And that wasn't very long ago.

During the last two years I have bulit two DJI Flame Wheel 550's with gimbals for the GoPro cameras. The most recent of which has retractable landing gear and an extention that carries my GoPro Hero 4 out in front of the props so I no longer get prop shadow in my picures and video. These UAV's have worked amazingly well for me, but I have been admiring the Inspire 1 for the last year and now that the Inspire 1 Pro is out I couldn't hold my savings in my pocket any longer. My Inspire 1 Pro X5 should be in today or tomorrow from Image One in Riverside CA.

I'm looking forward to all the interaction with all of you. Thanks for the opportunity to be a part.
Awesome!

Welcome to the forum - there are quite a few members on here that cut their teeth on CP Heli's. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08