Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello from Wakefield, UK - DJI Inspire 1 V2.0

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have just joined the world of Quadcopter's with HD cameras and I am absolutely loving it!

I have kind of jumped in the deep end, having never flown a quadcopter before lol! So I bought the Inspire 1 V2.0 X3 [emoji23]

I have done hours upon hours of tutorials, reading the PDF manual etc... And the first flight was a pleasure! Really enjoyed it! What a nice piece of kit!

My only issue is when I selected to record in 4K at 25FPS. The playback on my 4K TV was choppy and lagged a bit? Has anyone else experienced this?
I played the media on my TV by removing the Micro SD card (supplied by DJI) and putting it straight in to my TV.
Given the money spent I didn't expect any choppiness etc :/
I contacted DJI and they have advised I purchase a Class 10 32GB 100mb/s Micro SD card and try that. I have also been advised to record in 1080p too to see if it's a technical issue with the camera or if it's something else, so I will be trying that this evening.

With regards to video editing, what are you folks using? Any insight will be much appreciated [emoji1303]

It's a pleasure to join the community!
fffbb6cbf2ad66047677e966f84ae80d.jpg

Hey all,

I have just joined the world of Quadcopter's with HD cameras and I am absolutely loving it!

I have kind of jumped in the deep end, having never flown a quadcopter before lol! So I bought the Inspire 1 V2.0 X3 [emoji23]

I have done hours upon hours of tutorials, reading the PDF manual etc... And the first flight was a pleasure! Really enjoyed it! What a nice piece of kit!

My only issue is when I selected to record in 4K at 25FPS. The playback on my 4K TV was choppy and lagged a bit? Has anyone else experienced this?
I played the media on my TV by removing the Micro SD card (supplied by DJI) and putting it straight in to my TV.
Given the money spent I didn't expect any choppiness etc :/
I contacted DJI and they have advised I purchase a Class 10 32GB 100mb/s Micro SD card and try that. I have also been advised to record in 1080p too to see if it's a technical issue with the camera or if it's something else, so I will be trying that this evening.

With regards to video editing, what are you folks using? Any insight will be much appreciated [emoji1303]

It's a pleasure to join the community!
fffbb6cbf2ad66047677e966f84ae80d.jpg

Hi and welcome.

Not quite the same problem but I can sometimes perceive a very slight judder when I pan while recording at 25fps (PAL) in both 1080p and 4K, more noticeable if it's a patterned surface like a fence or a brick house (but it's not moire). If I go to 30fps (NTSC) it's completely smooth. I did a test with the Inspire on a garden table and the gimbal speed turned down so I could guarantee the same pan speed for both. I also did it at 50fps(PAL) which interestingly still wasn't quite as smooth as at 30fps. The slower the pan speed the better the results but there is a limit to how slow you can go!

As most monitors are 60Hz these days it got me thinking if the issue could be with the PAL/NTSC settings. However I tried it on my 50Hz Sony TV (from a USB stick) with the same results. I've also done a similar comparison using my Canon DSLR in 1080p mode but I don't see any judder (just lots of moire!), so I have to conclude it's probably an Inspire camera issue.

As most of my clients use the footage on their websites I shoot at 30fps, though only if I know for certain that it won't be cut with any other 25fps footage. Where I do shoot at 25fps I just make sure that I pan slowly and haven't had any complaints.

Definitely try recording at 1080p and see if there's any difference as 4K could be too much for your TV to handle. Also try downloading your files to a computer and playing from the hard drive? That should determine if it's a card / TV issue or not. I also suggest you try shooting at 30fps (you'll need to select NTSC mode first) and compare results. I'd be interested to know.

Reactions: Rogue Inspire
Hi and welcome.

Not quite the same problem but I can sometimes perceive a very slight judder when I pan while recording at 25fps (PAL) in both 1080p and 4K, more noticeable if it's a patterned surface like a fence or a brick house (but it's not moire). If I go to 30fps (NTSC) it's completely smooth. I did a test with the Inspire on a garden table and the gimbal speed turned down so I could guarantee the same pan speed for both. I also did it at 50fps(PAL) which interestingly still wasn't quite as smooth as at 30fps. The slower the pan speed the better the results but there is a limit to how slow you can go!

As most monitors are 60Hz these days it got me thinking if the issue could be with the PAL/NTSC settings. However I tried it on my 50Hz Sony TV (from a USB stick) with the same results. I've also done a similar comparison using my Canon DSLR in 1080p mode but I don't see any judder (just lots of moire!), so I have to conclude it's probably an Inspire camera issue.

As most of my clients use the footage on their websites I shoot at 30fps, though only if I know for certain that it won't be cut with any other 25fps footage. Where I do shoot at 25fps I just make sure that I pan slowly and haven't had any complaints.

Definitely try recording at 1080p and see if there's any difference as 4K could be too much for your TV to handle. Also try downloading your files to a computer and playing from the hard drive? That should determine if it's a card / TV issue or not. I also suggest you try shooting at 30fps (you'll need to select NTSC mode first) and compare results. I'd be interested to know.

I really appreciate that reply buddy. I will try what you've said and will let you know the results. Fingers crossed. Just want smooth footage is all.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

I really appreciate that reply buddy. I will try what you've said and will let you know the results. Fingers crossed. Just want smooth footage is all.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.
1080p at 50fps will give you the smoothest footage that can be easily mixed with 25fps material without issue.

Reactions: Rogue Inspire
Welcome Rogue
If you follow all the advices you'll be given I think you're fine.Also don't be cheap on your SD card,it's worth to have a good one.Try to get 2 or 3 cards with 16 GB or 32 Gb,so you can swap them with a new flight.In that case you have your recordings save when anything happens.
Enjoy your Inspire:)

Welcome Rogue
If you follow all the advices you'll be given I think you're fine.Also don't be cheap on your SD card,it's worth to have a good one.Try to get 2 or 3 cards with 16 GB or 32 Gb,so you can swap them with a new flight.In that case you have your recordings save when anything happens.
Enjoy your Inspire:)

Thank you for the welcome and words of wisdom ;)
I purchased a 32GB Class 10 100mb/s Micro SD card today and recorded 1080p, 2.7k and 4K. All were clear from choppiness and lag ;) woop woop!!!!
Lots of homework to do now on filters etc...
Also the whole video and photo editing side of it too :/ I don't know where to start? Any recommendations please?

Thanks

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide