Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help! Inspire 2 X7 camera roll / shake issue

Reaction score
New Inspire 2, took it out on my 3rd or 4th shoot and just noticed the camera/gimbal is rolling left to right at a regular interval, every 1/2 second or so. Any idea what this could be? I have 3 days left to still return it to B&H so any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Here's an example, please watch it full screen to notice it, I didn't spot it on my iPad during the shoot:

I'm shooting real estate where I need steady footage and this rolling is so noticeable and distracting.

I'm shooting in normal/GPS mode. Happens with both 16mm and 24mm lenses. I'm on the v01.02.0100 firmware (not the newer .200 because I've read about those issues) I'm controlling with a Cendence and the camera operator has the regular controller.

Do you get the same effect when the drone is on a table? I have the X7 and never seen this issue before

I have the same issue. It only happens in flight when I yaw the aircraft. The horizon will tilt/ shift and when I stop the yaw motion it levels out. Have yet to find the issue. I've tried messing with the sensitivity etc.and it didn't help. Any info from anyone would be much associated

I have the same issue. It only happens in flight when I yaw the aircraft. The horizon will tilt/ shift and when I stop the yaw motion it levels out. Have yet to find the issue. I've tried messing with the sensitivity etc.and it didn't help. Any info from anyone would be much associated

Interesting that it only happens when yawing. Not when just hovering?
What camera do you have? X7?
What firmware are you on?

Please keep us posted on your findings. Not sure how this makes sense when the gimbal and camera are one unit.
I am skeptical as you are.

Please keep us posted on your findings. Not sure how this makes sense when the gimbal and camera are one unit.
I am skeptical as you are.

The weird thing is how consistent the yawing or rolling motion is. It’s almost like clockwork, which is what makes me thing it is the camera after all. The drone wouldn’t move in such a manner. Unless it’s the IMU or something, giving it bad messages? The good thing is B&H made a note so that if it the new camera doesn’t fix it, and it ends up being the Inspire 2, they will still exchange the Inspire 2.

The weird thing is how consistent the yawing or rolling motion is. It’s almost like clockwork, which is what makes me thing it is the camera after all. The drone wouldn’t move in such a manner. Unless it’s the IMU or something, giving it bad messages? The good thing is B&H made a note so that if it the new camera doesn’t fix it, and it ends up being the Inspire 2, they will still exchange the Inspire 2.
Better service than DJI that's for sure. Thank you for sharing

Interesting that it only happens when yawing. Not when just hovering?
What camera do you have? X7?
What firmware are you on?

Yes, only when I yaw the aircraft. Hoving, it tends to shift left and/or right by itself. This usually straightens out after the compass is calibrated and it seems that the camera is just catching up to true north(straight with the noise of the aircraft)
I'm using the X4s with the latest firmware. I'll upload a screen recording of this happening in hopes of a solution.

That's amazing news. How are you liking the footage so far?
I love the footage, the color science and the dynamic range is really great. It cuts well with my Sony FS7 video camera.

The low light performance is the only let down for me, it gets really grainy at 800-1600 ISO, similar to my P4 Pro. Those just after sunset shots could be cleaner. Hopefully the successor to the X7 will have better sensitivity, but they probably maximized the sensor for daylight (for good reason). Plus the noise reduction in Davinci Resolve does a great job on the low light footage.

I am having this happen with my Inspire 2 and x5S and they already swapped my X5S out once at DJI Arizona. I really am getting sick of this crap after spending $10k plus on all that goes into this I2 trip. This is what I am seeing and have the right balancing rings on all my lenses and calibrated. This movement shown in the video was on literally 500GB of footage I shot for a client and he wasn't stoked. Just not cool this is happening.

New Inspire 2, took it out on my 3rd or 4th shoot and just noticed the camera/gimbal is rolling left to right at a regular interval, every 1/2 second or so. Any idea what this could be? I have 3 days left to still return it to B&H so any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Here's an example, please watch it full screen to notice it, I didn't spot it on my iPad during the shoot:

I'm shooting real estate where I need steady footage and this rolling is so noticeable and distracting.

I'm shooting in normal/GPS mode. Happens with both 16mm and 24mm lenses. I'm on the v01.02.0100 firmware (not the newer .200 because I've read about those issues) I'm controlling with a Cendence and the camera operator has the regular controller.
I replied to another person asking about his x5s roll issue. I'd suggest to you to try the same thing on top of gimbal callibration in your case. It might help..

I replied to another person asking about his x5s roll issue. I'd suggest to you to try the same thing on top of gimbal callibration in your case. It might help..
I just did an IMU calibration both with the camera attached and then one without. I watched two videos and one had attached and Billy Kyle didn't what do you think? Did you see that footage of mine you think this could help? Thank you.

I just did an IMU calibration both with the camera attached and then one without. I watched two videos and one had attached and Billy Kyle didn't what do you think? Did you see that footage of mine you think this could help? Thank you.
I would advocate for performing the IMU cal without the camera attached. The gimbal motor's buzzing can introduce vibration and affect negatively the calibration result. Make sure that the drone is perfectly still in each of the 4 positions and on level surface. From my own experience Inspire 2 drones tend to wobble around especially in windy conditions and are not the best for stationary shots

I would advocate for performing the IMU cal without the camera attached. The gimbal motor's buzzing can introduce vibration and affect negatively the calibration result. Make sure that the drone is perfectly still in each of the 4 positions and on level surface. From my own experience Inspire 2 drones tend to wobble around especially in windy conditions and are not the best for stationary shots
It's hard to even hold the I2 still when doing the IMU without the camera attached it's wobbly wanting to do in either direction when on it's sides. Hopefully this helps this wobbly footage was a bummer.

It's hard to even hold the I2 still when doing the IMU without the camera attached it's wobbly wanting to do in either direction when on it's sides. Hopefully this helps this wobbly footage was a bummer.
Fingers crossed. Do not expect a perfectly stationary hovering from Inspire 2. It will never happen. In calm conditions it might get close to acceptable but this drone was clearly made to fly not hover😉

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont