Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help needed exporting Inspire1 Flight record

Reaction score
Needing advice or help, may be answered somewhere within the forums but can't find at moment.
I need to export a flight I had done today and provide as evidence for the FAA. To prove I'm in the clear.
Without getting into a long drawn out post.
I was out flying in an open industrial park setting today at the correct and safe levels between 375-400 feet. When I noticed a helicopter in the distance, figuring they were inspecting power lines in the area I immediately hit return to home & attempted to land but had to cancel due to the path of the copter was taking coming dangerously close to my drone. So while I kept drone at a standstill so as to not interfere with their safety I quickly realized the copter was circling my inspire and trying to locate me. I began filming the copter while trying to safely land, which I was able to do. When the copter landed right in front of my vehicle blocking me in. I waited for the pilot to exit, which he didn't.
When I figured out this wasn't law enforcement, I attempted to leave the area only to have this copter give chase. I was pulled over by police and told to contact An authority from the FAA. Which I quickly did...
While speaking to the FAA it had been reported by that copter pilot I had been flying well beyond 1500 ft and above over a small airstrip in our town.(entirely untrue even though it's not designated as a no fly zone, I still wouldn't fly near there). Now I need to figure out how to export a record to provide them with something... I was reassured by the FAA rep that I may need keep it for future reference,,,but I am not comfortable with copter pilots making false accusations such as this and especially the way it went down. BTW I do have video and picture evidence of this copter pilots actions. I am an experienced & safe multi copter pilot. This doesn't help our hobby in any way and I will be providing the FAA with all media of this incident.

Anyway can I get a hard copy of the recorded flight?
Tried to keep it short
PS.- Just wanted to note that the FAA was very pleasant and helpful but I don't believe he knows the half of it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd suggest you first Synchronize all your flights with the DJI server (start the the Go App without the I1 powered up), click on the "Paper dart" at the top left hand corner, when you get to the screen that shows all your recent flights click on the "Cloud with a circle in it" at the top right hand corner and synchronize all the flights.

When you've done that tap on the flight of particular interest and it will open up a summary of the flight showing, amongst other things the max height, and also a map of the flight path. Click on the square with the arrow at the lower right hand corner and email yourself that summary. Do that for all of the flights that you think might be at issue.

Then you can demonstrate where you flew, when you flew, and how high you flew.

Andy.

In case you need to demonstrate that you've produced details for all relevant flights, take an screen capture of the Flight Record screen (on which you did the individual flight selection). Do that by pressing the power on/off and select buttons briefly but simultaneously. The screen will flash (and you might hear a shutter noise). The image is stored on the Camera Roll from where you can also email it to yourself (and the FAA).

Andy.

I also realized I didn't directly answer your question.
Connect up your iPad with iTunes, navigate to the screen where you can see your iPad's name at the top left hand corner, select "Apps" below that and wait.

Then, using the right hand most scroll bar (must be the outermost on the right hand side), scroll down until you see "File Sharing." Select the DJI Go App. there and to the right you should see: DJI GO Documents. You can then select the all and drag them to your computer -- thus making a copy of *everything* including (in the VideoCache) the video of the entire flights, regardless of whether you were actually recording video on the microSD card.

See the image below....a lot of the folders are empty only because I just upgraded the iPad.

Andy
iTunes Copying DJI GO files.png

Thank you for suggestions, I will be following up today with Faa.
Will keep posted, maybe share video, depending if it may be of evidentiary value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo