Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HELP recover corrupt file

Reaction score
Hi ,
i'-m here to ask a good help from you. Some days ago my inspire 1 crash and the camere now is not working.
During the last fly i was shooting a video so after the crash the recording file was corrupted.
Now I read that a way to recover the file is to turn on the camera and automatically the file is recovered.
Unfortunately at this moment i'm no able to turn on my camera.
I was thinking a way is to send my file to someone that transfer the file on another inspire1 and camera in order to repair the file.
Here my question, would one of you be available to do this attempt for help me?
I'm upload the file so if someone can help me i'll can send him the link to the file.
Thanks in adavance to all who want to help me in this moment.
Manuele

You seem to have forgotten to read his post... His I1 has crashed and the camera is dead (also why the video didn't get stopped properly).

Ahhhh... Thanks Kirah... Ok, my bad.

Manuele, send me the file via DropBox or something and I'll take a shot at fixing it for you. chrisknight [@] gmail.com
Hi KnightDrone, for what i Read the process should be the same with inspire too.
Thanks in advance for your support.
I'll send the file via dropbox shortly.
Manuele

There is an application that is made to close stranded files like the one you are talking about. It's called video repair.
I had a GoPro that crashed from 30 feet up and got all the files back in great working order.

More info here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Video-Repair-Tool

Description here:
rau GbRs Video Repair Tool can repair and fix broken or damaged video files (mp4,mv4,mpg,mov,jpg,dvc,3gp) that do not play in your media player. Repairs video files that are truncated, broken, corrupt or damaged. Repairs video files that do not play in QuickTime or Windows Media player. Repairs movies that were not finalized by the camera. The repair does not depend on a valid/correct container format - the raw video and audio stream data is fully automatically reconstructed. Supports non-broken reference movies for finding missing movie meta-data and parameters. $40 for 1 repair and $120 for unlimited repairs. Full description.

Reactions: Manuele
There is an application that is made to close stranded files like the one you are talking about. It's called video repair.
I had a GoPro that crashed from 30 feet up and got all the files back in great working order.

More info here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Video-Repair-Tool

Description here:
rau GbRs Video Repair Tool can repair and fix broken or damaged video files (mp4,mv4,mpg,mov,jpg,dvc,3gp) that do not play in your media player. Repairs video files that are truncated, broken, corrupt or damaged. Repairs video files that do not play in QuickTime or Windows Media player. Repairs movies that were not finalized by the camera. The repair does not depend on a valid/correct container format - the raw video and audio stream data is fully automatically reconstructed. Supports non-broken reference movies for finding missing movie meta-data and parameters. $40 for 1 repair and $120 for unlimited repairs. Full description.
Thanks Jon. just try for mac but seems the version is the same win/mac ( .exe file). tried to open with "wine" but doesn't work. The process start but at the end show a windows with an error message .

I had the same problem this past week. It's caused by forgetting to shut the video OFF before or after you land. This same problem happened to me on the Phantoms. Solution is to put the corrupt file back on the microsd stick, shove it back in the craft, shoot another short video, and this somehow closes the file on the corrupt file. I don't know why this worked on the Phantom and I haven't tested it on the Inspire yet... but that worked every single time on the Phantom so give it a shot. Let us know if it worked.

Hi guys,

I came from the phantom 2 with GoPro to the inspire so initially I was forgetting to stop recording and I lost a few files. I lost quite an important one and I went hunting for some way to recover the file. I found this article. It's all free of charge and I have now used it 3 times and 3 times its been 100% successful.

http://skypixel.org/post/110526362109

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I came from the phantom 2 with GoPro to the inspire so initially I was forgetting to stop recording and I lost a few files. I lost quite an important one and I went hunting for some way to recover the file. I found this article. It's all free of charge and I have now used it 3 times and 3 times its been 100% successful.

http://skypixel.org/post/110526362109
Hi Douglas. Thank you very much. It worked for my file!!!

Reactions: douglas.brownlie
I dont understand this file download. I download it, go to run it, and it just flashes a black prompt box for a second then goes away...I didnt crash mine, put the sd card back in, recorded a short video, and it didnt work. the video shows 0kb, but was 11 minutes long I just forgot to shut off the camera before shutting off the inspire

This file shows 0kb. I've tried using another program out there where I had to double the file size by merging a duplicate with the original in the command prompt , then run it through this program that only let you save 50% of the original file for the free version (hence the prompt run-around). But even this program said the file could not be fixed. I'll try to think or the program name

Yes, I have the busted file

[QUOTE="Does anyone have an example of a busted file? I'd be interested in running it through things like VirtualDub to see if it can do similar things.[/QUOTE]

Hi Morgan, I have a few problematic files, if you're still up for trying your hand at repairing them. The issue in my case was not a matter of forgetting to click stop record before turning off the Inspire. Not sure what the issue is, but a portion of these files can be viewed. I know this is an older thread, but if you're up for it, I'd love to see if you can fix. I have a Mac and haven't found a solution that would work on my machine yet... Let me know what you think, thanks!

Hi Alan, I've tried DJIFIX but without luck. Do you recall which setting you used? I believe I tried Type 2 as recommended inside the command line, but the result is just smears and blocks of color. Does it matter that I used .MOV Format?

not sure i just followed the instruction and it recovered

the latest software and app stops this happening turns recording of before
switching inspire off

Hi all - First time poster needs help with criminal matter that happened last night (I would go to the police but I suspect experts online will be more adept at helping to provide them with information to go on)

Last night I parked my car in a public car park and went to a shop. Without thinking I left my camera phone recording as a dashcam in my car, unfortunately the battery was low and the file was corrupted. Whilst in the shop for 5 minutes a someone deposited bodily fluids all over the driver door handle and down the door. I realised I had the camera footage saved but because the battery had died the file was corrupt.

Using google and the tips in this forum I have been able to recover some footage that shows that the guy who did it walks past right past the camera as well as driving past in his work van. I'm on a mac which can't run djifix or recover_mp4_to_h264 etc. which makes all of this a little more fun.

In the end I used grau gmbh and merged two copies of the same footage end to end then repaired it in their trial version (the full version only allows 50% of the repaired file to be viewed).

After previewing the footage and exporting it the video is 5x faster than usual (should be a 10 min clip but runs at 1m34s). I used handbrake to create an mp4 so I could export it to iMovie and slow it down.

The footage of the sexual deviant is there but its fast and blurry.

If any of you video/image wizards could perhaps use the raw corrupted original 3gp file that I have from my camera phone to get a better quality image / thumbnail of either the work vans company name or an image of the weirdo as he walks past the front of my car and tries the passenger side I'd be really grateful. I can then use this evidence to make a police report confident that they will be able to find him. I still can't believe he was able to do what he did in a busy car park although I think the woman opposite me saw he was up to no good.

This is a link to the corrupt footage. Action starts towards the end.

Dropbox - 2015_12_09_22_30_38.3gp

This is a link to a non-corrupt 3gp "Goodmovie.3gp" file taken afterwards on the same phone (I understand you need this to create a valid container or header? *Excuse my ignorance*.

Dropbox - Goodmovie.3gp

Thanks in advance if you can help!

Jane
Sorry you had to experience an idiot doing such a thing, but I'm not sure why you would post this in the InspirePilots forum... It has nothing to do with the product and your cellphone footage shows reference frames, nothing thats recoverable. Far as I can see, the footage wouldn't help much anyway.

Not being mean, this doesn't seem the place for you to post what you did.

Hi KnightDrone, for what i Read the process should be the same with inspire too.
Thanks in advance for your support.
I'll send the file via dropbox shortly.
Manuele

Everyone: PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME to help you repair your corrupted DJI video files. It's 2016 now and I no longer have any way or process to do this. Contact DJI for help. Thx. -Chris

Can't see the problem here (sorry for the late reply, couldn't resist). First, I wouldn't switch on the drone, since it might damage the file even further (e.g. overwrite some few seconds on the already corrupted file - so that nothing will help you). I'd rather take the SD card out and lock it to "read only" mode, this way it's safe to extract any data from there (because sometimes files get damaged when plugging in to the USB/laptop - for some reason).

Then I'd extract all the data from there and I'd run the corrupted file through with any software like dji-fix (it's good for old DJIs, but doesn't recover sound), recover_mp4 or, better, its updated version at Restore.Media | We repair corrupted video and audio files online online service (really easy to use, btw, compated with its predecessor).

There are also other tools if these won't help (though recover_mp4 always helped me, and they say restore.media is even better at results), like e.g. grau (I didn't use it because it's expensive for me). You can really do it yourself - no need to go anywhere for help, just a bit of your time and you'll have your file repaired (all by yourself - flattering, eh).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips