Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

High voltage transmission lines where I'm supposed to shoot....

Reaction score
I am supposed to cover an antique tractor plow day Saturday morning.... My concern is the area has transmission lines very close to the shoot site..... These transmission lines are the lines coming out of a large coal fired power plant approximately 1/2 mile away, so I'm sure they carry a very large current load.... My photo site is probably less than 300 yards away from where the lines cross the field......

Any thoughts.....??? Safe or not at all.....???

I am supposed to cover an antique tractor plow day Saturday morning.... My concern is the area has transmission lines very close to the shoot site..... These transmission lines are the lines coming out of a large coal fired power plant approximately 1/2 mile away, so I'm sure they carry a very large current load.... My photo site is probably less than 300 yards away from where the lines cross the field......

Any thoughts.....??? Safe or not at all.....???
Welcome to Inspire Pilots.

You are talking around 280m in real money so you SHOULD be fine. I would just do a usual pre-flight checklist of mod values etc and watch out for TBE (Toilet Bowl Effect) during hover.
Personally (as always) I would NOT compass calibrate at the site - too many variables.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207