Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

how far can i fly my inspire safely

How long is a piece of string ??

From the moment you take of.. your in "no man's land"

The only answer I can give,,, is to be sure that you have checked all the parameters for a safe flight.. and fly within your limitaitions And be safe and responsible

Reactions: skylabimaging
Been flying by sight . what a safe distance with out problems
It not only depends on the craft.
The pilot is responsible at all times. Now what happens when you lose videolink at 3km distance. You probably want to hit RTH. How can you tell at that time the bird will actually return safely? You just pray and wait, at best.

Not responsible at all. Keep it VLOS all times. This is not a light plastic toy that only causes a light injury when it falls on someone. It's 3kg, coming down with max 24m/sec, if it crashes, with 72 kilogram force.
Imagine someone drops a steel or concrete brick weighing 72kg from 1 meter high on your head.

Reactions: CaptainBadge
But to answer your question:

The I1 is known to have flown well over 4km without loss of radio link. Video can get to 2km, but you can modify it with different antennae so it reaches much further. But it all depends on weather, wind, interference, altitude, etc.

It not only depends on the craft.
The pilot is responsible at all times. Now what happens when you lose videolink at 3km distance. You probably want to hit RTH. How can you tell at that time the bird will actually return safely? You just pray and wait, at best.

Not responsible at all. Keep it VLOS all times. This is not a light plastic toy that only causes a light injury when it falls on someone. It's 3kg, coming down with max 24m/sec, if it crashes, with 72 kilogram force.
Imagine someone drops a steel or concrete brick weighing 72kg from 1 meter high on your head.

But then again.. taking all the possible precautions and obeying the laws of your state or country,
you should have a great day and not an apocalyptic one like above...........

Also where you fly has also a great bearing on your achieveable distances.... I quite love flying out to sea.. nobody will care if it ditches 2 miles out.. my loss

But then again.. taking all the possible precautions and obeying the laws of your state or country,
you should have a great day and not an apocalyptic one like above...........

Also where you fly has also a great bearing on your achieveable distances.... I quite love flying out to sea.. nobody will care if it ditches 2 miles out.. my loss
True. If I fly out beyond VLOS (I admit I did in the recent past, many times, for as far as my video reception worked, over 2km) it was always over the lake, for the same reasons you mention. Unfortunately we have no desert here, just a lot of water.

Been flying by sight . what a safe distance with out problems
If your strictly flying by line of sight then the limiting factor is your eyes. You will have full control way beyond what your eyes are capable of. Another thing to consider while flying vlos is the farther away you get the harder it is to tell how close or far away from something you are. Depth perception diminishes considerably the farther away you get.
The more flight time you get the better you will be able to judge distances so if your just new to RC then keep it relatively close until your experience level and depth perception gets better.

Depends on a lot of things.

-2.4 GHz noise from WiFi, microwaves, etc. Within range of the craft (range can be big due to its height).
-height of the craft above ground
-stuff between you and the craft
-orientation of antennas compared to the craft's antennas
-Some luck with all of the above.

I've been out to 1.3 miles and lost the link. It returned home and I got signal again, but it was a scary couple minutes waiting for signal to return. I am unlikely to try that again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips