Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

how far?

Second best distance and returned home with 34%. No mods, stock standard. Travelling at 64mph in atti. RTH triggered due to low battery not RC or image loss. It could go further if it had more battery!
Is that a record as a stock standard Inspire?
I challenge anyone else out there to better it!

Attachments

• IMG_0003 2.PNG
    IMG_0003 2.PNG
    5.2 MB · Views: 61
Second best distance and returned home with 34%. No mods, stock standard. Travelling at 64mph in atti. RTH triggered due to low battery not RC or image loss. It could go further if it had more battery!
Is that a record as a stock standard Inspire?
I challenge anyone else out there to better it!

Did you get back? The reason I ask is the return trace appears to end near the edge of the bank on the water? Or did you set off from another location and return back to yourself?

Did you get back? The reason I ask is the return trace appears to end near the edge of the bank on the water? Or did you set off from another location and return back to yourself?

Yes home easily. The track shows that it stopped but the video kept rolling and I made it home with 34% battery. Not sure why the feed on the tracker stopped there, its a bit of a mystery.
I have another one where I went 5-6 farther but I didn't have the video feed on for proof and the tracker shows the return to home leg.
It could have gone further except that the battery was low and I make a personal rule to bring it back at no less than 70% battery for a reasonable safety margin.
Take off was from the same point as the landing which is an elevated position in a built up[ area of houses and on a Sunday which is why I think I get good range...not too much interference with other wi-fi in the area.
This is the third attempt all around the same distance, love the DJI Inspire!

Only been out to just past 1 mile. Moderate hills and lots of trees in my area to block signal - but I'm pleased with 1 mile anyway.

Looking forward to visiting a beach or two this summer - will try to stretch the legs a bit more with better (flatter) geography.

Reactions: sirnikolas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice