Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How much does you Inspire drift

A thoroughbred is always more nervous and requires more attention than a consumer bred, compare a street Porsche 911 to a non street legal 911 race car, same analogy can be applied to any other car, it makes you work. I know I'll get tons of hate from Mavic and/or P4P owners, but the Inspire is ALL about the camera, photo and videography, and yes I agree it could use more stability but even with HDR bracketing I've yet to have ghosting so it's stable enough for what it's meant. I think weight and the tall profile of the Inspire design has a lot to do with it, also, and I will try and see if it makes a difference, aligning the props seems to be crucial to stability, something that makes a lot of sense.

I am trying to figure out if I am remembering things correctly or not. Just bought my second Inspire V2.0 (USED), sold my first one a little over a year ago. This seems to me to be moving around quite a bit. I know I use to be able to hover at maybe 2 feet off the ground, the new one will within 1 minute be sitting on the ground, it also moves around a lot, to me anyway, Just doesn't seem like it is locked in like I remembered them to be it drifts as much as 2 foot in any direction with no wind. I am also experiencing connectivity issues with my tablet. I have had many different drones Inspire, Yuneec Q500, Mavic Pro, and probably 10 - 15 that I built from scratch and I may be incorrect but my old Inspire, Mavic, and Q500 were darn near rock solid in the air.
The backstory on the used Inspire I bought,
The Inspire was crashed and had supposedly been sent back to DJI CARE, They replaced motors, Frame and Gimbal holder. I wasn't aware of this at the time of the purchase.
Let me know if I way out in left field on this one

I have experienced this drift problem on both my V1's, after the last download this problem became more visible. Before I fly, I calibrate the compass first, always, then go to hover, if the bird does not sit at 3 ft. when I go to hover, I immediately land and calibrate the IMU, and the compass again. This seems to clear the inaccuracy. When I first experienced this problem, I viewed my altitude and it was not accurate, when I did nothing, it tried to fly away from me when I went higher, drifting way out of position. I learned to keep a finger on the ATTI mode switch when I fly so I can catch it in manual before it flies away. I used to fly with confidence with this product, but now it just a matter of time before the next incident. In my line of work, I do not need or want another incident. I wish DJI would check their downloads and correct this problem. Good Luck, remember, if your drone does not sit at 3 feet, it is not cal'd properly, set it down and go through both cals, then try again.

I did a lot of flying last week at the beach while I was on vacation. I have more confidence again in its abilities. I was flying maybe 6-8 inches off the deck, it moved but not enough that the camera stabilization wasn't able to absorb. It handled the constant breeze and occasional gust of wind with ease. I am looking at trying a flir conversion on an X3 camera in the next few weeks, not sure if it will be possible but I want to add that ability if I can for a lot less than buying an aftermarket flir camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1