Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How the heck does Skypixel work?

Reaction score
Hi all,

A few days ago I posted a video that was gaining popularity on Skypixel. At the time it had 3-4 likes and was in the #8 spot in terms of popularity. This is the link:

https://www.skypixel.com/#/videos/9-countries-in-3-minutes

Since then, and thanks to your help, the number of views has gone up a lot and the 'likes' have increased significantly. However, the video ranking has dropped so I'm really confused as to how the heck Skypixel is calculating their stuff.

Anyone know what their secret formula is?

Cheers.

Reactions: RJ Evans
Hi all,

A few days ago I posted a video that was gaining popularity on Skypixel. At the time it had 3-4 likes and was in the #8 spot in terms of popularity. This is the link:

Since then, and thanks to your help, the number of views has gone up a lot and the 'likes' have increased significantly. However, the video ranking has dropped so I'm really confused as to how the heck Skypixel is calculating their stuff.

Anyone know what their secret formula is?

Cheers.

I've got an account over there and I'm completely stumped as to how things work. I just pop in from time to time to watch a few new vids, look at some photos, and then I sign out.

I'd imagine it's tied to something like "number of likes per hour" thing, maybe also favoring of new items over old ones...

From the Skypixel FAQ .. The score you see is a number that’s calculated based on the number of Views, Likes, Faves, and some other factors. We won’t bore you with the math. Just remember that the more popular your content, the higher the score.

But my observation of Skypixel (for stills at least) is that it doesn't work.
Unfortunately there are some factors that mean many good pictures hardly get seen and have low scores while some mediocre pictures get high scores and stay high because they are featured while everything else gets buried and isn't seen again.

It attracts very few viewers and most photos on the site are rubbish.
They have no moderation and any good material is swamped by the volume of garbage.
They have a large number of unexplained "experts", many of which show absolutely no evidence of having any expertise.
Their new competition is completely stupid and isn't a competition.

I feel that Skypixel has completely failed to reach their objectives ..
SkyPixel will become the world’s gathering place for high-quality photography and videography. It will be a place for professional and social collaboration. One-on-one connections and discussion group interaction will drive everyone to become more skillful and successful. To build a community of aerial enthusiasts who will share and showcase their work, and also provide tips and feedback through social collaboration. Users will also be able to build a brand, and use SkyPixel to showcase their business and gain attention.

None of that is happening. There are hardly any viewers and when you see the volume of garbage, that's understandable. There's no discussion groups, no drive to improve and no exposure.
Skypixel, so far has been a dismal failure.

Last edited:
Don't know anything about their contests, but I am confused about the % number of each video. For some reason, my video (below) has a score of 99. In the top 20 most popular videos, it's the only one with that high a score.

Is that really a score or is it something else. It looks like a % because most other videos have a score of 92.8 or 94.6, so i'm assuming this is a percentage based scoring. Wouldn't mine at 99 score higher?

Not that it changes anything in my life, but I am curious to understand better.

Reactions: flyingclint

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool