Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to Fly the Inspire

Reaction score
We all fly and learn as we go. I see a lot of post indicating we would be better equipped if we knew how to fly and react to erratic GPS or other things that come up. It would be great if this forum had a section on flying techniques . Demos on how to fly around an object like a tower or house etc. What to do when the GPS seems to go haywire etc. I think a section like that would improve every pilot here. What's your opinion.

I agree with what is being said here. Try to only fly in atti and only use GPS to line up a shot or in close proximity of trees etc where you don't want your inspire to drift. Your videos will look smoother in atti mode as well.

This is what I do know and have done very successfully. To say go out and fly and you will learn is basically true. But with all the so called experts I would thing someone could help one of our inspire owners from learning at the cost of a 3000 unit. I do agree you must go into atti mode and it will set you free. I avoided that for a long time but once I did I realized I could always go back to gps mode if I got into trouble. We have the ability to show the control of the sticks when we are flying and I thought it would help to see how an experienced pilot would do that and have a video of the stick movement and the resulting footage shot.

This is what I do know and have done very successfully. To say go out and fly and you will learn is basically true. But with all the so called experts I would thing someone could help one of our inspire owners from learning at the cost of a 3000 unit. I do agree you must go into atti mode and it will set you free. I avoided that for a long time but once I did I realized I could always go back to gps mode if I got into trouble. We have the ability to show the control of the sticks when we are flying and I thought it would help to see how an experienced pilot would do that and have a video of the stick movement and the resulting footage shot.

Wouldn't matter...Your brain has to communicate stick movement with your fingers. Watching an "expert" (I use this loosely) won't help you much if your fingers don't know what to do, you'll spend too much time referring back to some video.

Hi! I updated the controller before taking the Inspire into travel mode. I raised it up, put the camera on with the latest firmware but the Inspire it just blinking the yellow light. This is just out of the box. Does this happen to you? I'm a doing something wrong? Thanks!

Hi! I updated the controller before taking the Inspire into travel mode. I raised it up, put the camera on with the latest firmware but the Inspire it just blinking the yellow light. This is just out of the box. Does this happen to you? I'm a doing something wrong? Thanks!
Read the user manual. A slow flashing yellow tail light means it is in ATTI mode (no GPS or VPS). A fast flashing yellow light indicates a loss of RC signal.

Reactions: InspiredOne
Read the user manual. A slow flashing yellow tail light means it is in ATTI mode (no GPS or VPS). A fast flashing yellow light indicates a loss of RC signal.
Hi! Thanks for responding. It's a FAST Yellow Light so it is a RC Signal Lost. Do you know what can I do in this case?

Hi! Thanks for responding. It's a FAST Yellow Light so it is a RC Signal Lost. Do you know what can I do in this case?
I also tried to connect the controller to the app with my iPad and is not letting me to activate the Inspire.

Have you complete the firmware update on the RC? Do you have a red status light on the RC? Again read the manual.
Yes. The lastest firmware was made. I am reading the manual but still having found my solution.

You need to upgrade the remote controller firmware also...

Attachments

• How_To_Upgrade_Firmware_en.pdf
    76.5 KB · Views: 9

In addition to reading the manual, and speaking of learning, learn how to use the forum search. It is a great tool and you'll find a great deal of information on how to solve your problem.

Actually, it was hijacked in that Zura was asking questions that were not on the topic established by the OP. The entire forum is based on the idea of "members giving advice," but it is divided into sub-forums and then topic specific thread within each sub-forum.

So yeah, the thread was being hijacked. But then Zura is new, so that is taken into consideration. However, the next time it happens, he will be subjected to several cruel and unusual punishments, one of which will be reading every post written by The Editor. :p

Reactions: richard.dyson1
Ah yes, I see that now, thanks for clearing that up..
It would be better to name the offender though to save any confusion..
Thanks..

This forum is littered with some really unpleasant characters. People come here having spent a great deal of money and are looking for help and advice. Instead of being rude, why not just try giving them some?
Well said Perchpole, I could not agree more...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207