Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

how to power zoom on x5s

Reaction score
hello

ive recently purchased a x5s with oly 14-42 puncake.. is there any combination to zoom from rc while taking videos??

thanks

Search .......

so its only available only from dji app and not via some kind of shortcut on rc .. not handy as i want to zoom in n out during filming.. ?

hello

ive recently purchased a x5s with oly 14-42 puncake.. is there any combination to zoom from rc while taking videos??

thanks
There should be a slider visible on the screen that allows you to zoom at any time, but that lens isn't parfocal so it'll lose focus as you zoom in and out. Unfortunately all Inspire 2 lenses (for both X5S and X7) are really photo-optimized in pretty much every way.

Good luck getting smooth zooms if changing Focal length during video capture.

Good luck getting smooth zooms if changing Focal length during video capture.
Yes, zooms are terrible and not something I'd ever include in a video. It's generally accepted that the zoom function of these Oly and Panny pancake lenses are only for changing focal length between shots without having to land. Back in the day the tilt wheel could change focus with one of the C buttons held. But it's been years, so I don't remember the specifics or if the current fw even supports that any more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters