Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to recover corrupted video files from an Inspire

i had a corrupt file also and someone told me to just record a new one for a couple seconds and then stop it and it would fix the corrupt one. It did, but it seemed to end quite a while before it shouldve ended in my opinion, crash caused battery to pop out while recorded but the recovered filed ended a good 10 seconds or more before the crash. Was hoping to see the crash in all its glory buy no dice, lol! what are your guys experiences with recovered files, do they end earlier than they should or do you get the whole thing back? just curious, thanks.
With the corrupted files I get it seems to be the entire video clip. Lately it seems as though ALL of the videos I take are corrupted. I'll try this method out, if it does not work it looks as though I'll be calling DJI yet again.

Hi guys.

It can be some what difficult for some people to mess around in the command prompt, i made a "easy" user interfance program to make it a lill easier.

(Windows Only, sorry)

1) Download the tool from here.

2) Unpack the Zipfiles somewhere.

3) Put two video files inside the same folder, one being the "broken video" and one "healty" file, as it will read the healty file to complete the broken one. So must be same resolution \ setting.

4) Launch "InspireVideoFix.exe"

5) Click on the first "Browse" and select the broken videofile, then next 'Browse' and choose the healthy videofile.

Then click "Repair".

The process can take up to a few minutes deppending on videosize and your PC performance.

When it's done, it will say complete and the fixed videofile will show up in the same folder named "FixedVideoFile.mov"

Don't leave your only file inside the folder, always have a backup as I cannot guaranteed that the files inside the folder can dissapear..:rolleyes:

Any questions please ask.
PS: It's a beta I wrote in a few minutes, so bugs \ errors will probably show up! IF so let me know :)

THANKS!! Worked great! Super easy to use didnt have any problems.

Hi All... short of running Parallel or something like that, has anyone discovered a solution on a Mac?

Glad to meet this community!

Hi guys.

It can be some what difficult for some people to mess around in the command prompt, i made a "easy" user interfance program to make it a lill easier.

(Windows Only, sorry)

1) Download the tool from here.

2) Unpack the Zipfiles somewhere.

3) Put two video files inside the same folder, one being the "broken video" and one "healty" file, as it will read the healty file to complete the broken one. So must be same resolution \ setting.

4) Launch "InspireVideoFix.exe"

5) Click on the first "Browse" and select the broken videofile, then next 'Browse' and choose the healthy videofile.

Then click "Repair".

The process can take up to a few minutes deppending on videosize and your PC performance.

When it's done, it will say complete and the fixed videofile will show up in the same folder named "FixedVideoFile.mov"

Don't leave your only file inside the folder, always have a backup as I cannot guaranteed that the files inside the folder can dissapear..:rolleyes:

Any questions please ask.
PS: It's a beta I wrote in a few minutes, so bugs \ errors will probably show up! IF so let me know :)

Thanks Merko, worked a treat and saved the day!!

Very easy and simple Tool Merko, if I have found this tool earlier I wouldn't have programmed my own tool, please feel free to use mine as well since it was based on the exact same principle as a graphical interface for recover_mp4_to_h624 and ffmpeg good job! this is mine:

I have upgraded the app so it could work in Windows XP and up (tested in a XP virtual machine) 32 bit and 64 bit.
It has some minors enhancements. please try downloading again FIX-DJI.zip

I have posted a video to show how it works:
dji-fix.mp4

Reactions: lrh111

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan