Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to turn on a BT50 battery?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just bought a Phantom Angel device which is supposed to deep discharge a battery (BT50 in my case)
as part of the battery balancing process. Step (3) of the device instructions say to "Turn on your battery (make
sure the lights stay on)". Step (4) says "Connect to the Angel". When I press the button on the BT50 the
status light(s), showing the level of charge remaining in the battery, comes on for three seconds the goes
out. I tied holding the button momentarily, I tried holding the button for 3 seconds, I tried pressing the button 3 times in a row, but the light(s) don't stay on. I tried this procedure on both of my paired BT50 batteries and
got the same result - the light(s) went out after 3 seconds.

I read the battery section of my I2's user manual and did not find any discussion about an ON/OFF switch
on the BT50. Are there any I2 owners on here that own and use a Phantom Angel to deep discharge their
BT50 battery or have knowledge of how to get the BT50's status light(s) to remain on? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Phantom Angel.jpg
    Phantom Angel.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 26
Reactions: Phillip DeVore
You should be able to connect your battery to the Phantom Angel, select storage or discharge and press the center button on on the Phantom Angel. Doing that should turn the very bright and hot light on and start your discharge.

Thanks your quick response. I Tried that too, I connected the BT50 to the PH and pressed the center button on the
PH - nothing happens. I tried this on both paired batteries. I believe that the center button is backlit and that light is
supposed to come on once the button is armed (battery is connected and power from the battery is flowing to that button.

Thanks your quick response. I Tried that too, I connected the BT50 to the PH and pressed the center button on the
PH - nothing happens. I tried this on both paired batteries. I believe that the center button is backlit and that light is
supposed to come on once the button is armed (battery is connected and power from the battery is flowing to that button.

Could the bulb be damaged?

What is the state of charge of your TB50"s when you try to use the Phantom Angel?
My I2's "Low Battery Warning" is set at 30%. I flew the bird down to the 30% alert then landed with approx. 25% battery power remaining.
I tried to deep discharge the battery pair using the Angel after allowing 15 minutes for them to cool down. After a day of unsuccessful attempts to get the Phantom Angel to work I charged the battery pair back to a full charge.

My I2's "Low Battery Warning" is set at 30%. I flew the bird down to the 30% alert then landed with approx. 25% battery power remaining.
I tried to deep discharge the battery pair using the Angel after allowing 15 minutes for them to cool down. After a day of unsuccessful attempts to get the Phantom Angel to work I charged the battery pair back to a full charge.

After the battery gets to a certain low level the Phantom Angel will not start a discharge. Try to get it started at 60-70% charge. I have found that Alex at Phantom Angel is quite helpful, you may want to reach out to him.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
After the battery gets to a certain low level the Phantom Angel will not start a discharge. Try to get it started at 60-70% charge. I have found that Alex at Phantom Angel is quite helpful, you may want to reach out to him.
I just charged the battery pair to 82% and I still can't get the battery light(s) to come on and stay on or the Phantom Angel to turn on.
Do you have either an email address or a web address for Alex at Phantom. I no longer have his address. Thanks.

Good news!
I finally got my Phantom Angel to discharge my I2's BT50 batteries or I should say Alex at Phantom.rocks walked me
through the steps to successfully discharge my BT50 batteries. I was doing everything correctly, according to
the step by step instructions except for one very important detail. That detail is that the cable from the PA only
turns on the BT50 when it is plugged in with the correct orientation! The PA's cable plug will fit into the BT50's
receptacle right side up or upside down! I was plugging the PA's cable into the BT50 in the wrong orientation.
When I rotated the PA cables plug 180 degrees and plugged it in the light(s) in the BT50 remained on and the
light in the ON/OFF switch of the PA came on after a 3 - 4 second delay and it started discharging the BT50.
A clear case of operator error.

Many thanks to Alex at Phantom.rocks for walking me through the fix for my situation and the folks at Florida Drone supply
for their helpful inputs. Thank you all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah