Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I just don't get it.

Everyone's so quick to defend the Inspire's camera. Has anyone actually SEEN better footage than the GoPro 4?

The Inspire looks good, but the footage so far is a bit disappointing
As I mentioned I bought the GoPro 4 and the picture quality compared to the GP3 is huge, but lens quality is poor (distortion and annoying wide angle).
For majority of users this is probably OK since we are in an era of selfies with cellphones, the head is three times the size of the torso and the sad thing is that it was also adopted by professional photographers (you can see these types of photographs in the newspapers and magazines on daily basis and we get use to it).
I didn't fly the inspire neither did I see the raw footage or photo from its camera, but judging by the construction of the lens the quality looks very promising.
I saw some footage on youtube taken by Inspire camera and most of it I didn't like, this may be because the operators weren't real videographers (if I make a wrong composition with my $8000 Nikon telephoto the result will be as poor as the bad video footage). As a photographer I hope I will be satisfied with its results.

Last edited:
All these people still comparing GoPro footage to Inspire's footage...I'm sick of the distortion and extreme wide angle of GoPro footage, it screams amateur hour. In my opinion there is no comparison here. GoPro footage will never compare to a rectilinear lens. For years I've been hoping GoPro would come out with a much reduced wide angle version but it hasn't happened. Yes, GoPro has 4K, but once you apply fisheye-removal filtering, you've got a much reduced res that still has distortion. The Inspire is a huge step forward, without requiring me to fly a $10-$15k rig just to get footage that isn't ridiculously curved.

simply get and srtc lens for $155 and your golden…no more fish eye!

As I mentioned I bought the GoPro 4 and the picture quality compared to the GP3 is huge, but lens quality is poor (distortion and annoying wide angle).
For majority of users this is probably OK since we are in an era of selfies with cellphones, the head is three times the size of the torso and the sad thing is that it was also adopted by professional photographers (you can see these types of photographs in the newspapers and magazines on daily basis and we get use to it).
I didn't fly the inspire neither did I see the raw footage or photo from its camera, but judging by the construction of the lens the quality looks very promising.
I saw some footage on youtube taken by Inspire camera and most of it I didn't like, this may be because the operators weren't real videographers (if I make a wrong composition with my $8000 Nikon telephoto the result will be as poor as the bad video footage). As a photographer I hope I will be satisfied with its results.

i asked Romeo (mark and Romeo's Aerial Adventures) about the quality as i had concerns and he said the Inspire is about the same as the hero 4 with the srtc 5.3 normal lens on it. i have seen mind-blowing hero 4 video quality,but not anything yet of the Inspire,but i trust him and will be ordering one as soon as Amazon has them in hand.

Just displayed. It isn't recorded on the SD card. You can of course record the screen on your Android device (with the right app) if you want all the telemetry recorded.

Just displayed. It isn't recorded on the SD card. You can of course record the screen on your Android device (with the right app) if you want all the telemetry recorded.
Just found this in the Draft manual

Flight Controller: Based on the A2 flight controller, a new generation of Ncore flight controller system provide a more reliable flight experience. New flight recorder feature stores the flight data for each flights. The Optical flow feature enhance the hovering precision when no GPS is available.

Sweet. Maybe this will eliminate the need for a Flytrex add-on?

Just found this in the Draft manual

Flight Controller: Based on the A2 flight controller, a new generation of Ncore flight controller system provide a more reliable flight experience. New flight recorder feature stores the flight data for each flights. The Optical flow feature enhance the hovering precision when no GPS is available.

Sweet. Maybe this will eliminate the need for a Flytrex add-on?

Page 12

[Quote = "rilot, post: 371, medlem: 1954"] Bare vises. Det er ikke opp på SD-kortet. Du kan selvfølgelig spille inn skjermen på din Android-enhet (med rett app) hvis du ønsker at all telemetri registrert. [/ Quote]

Sony Xperia z2 and z3 has built-screen video recorder. what's new in this update

This sounds interesting, but it results in a much narrower POV, I hear. Is this restrictive? Any samples/comparisons to the std gopro shots? Why wouldn't gopro use or offer this lens as standard or optional if it's better? I really don't like the fisheye effect from the go pro, nor having to lens correct in post, as it distorts the image she doing so.

I still don't get it.
A 2.9kg craft carrying what appears to be an equivalent camera to the GoPo 4 (apart from fish eye)
Requires two operators for operating the camera in all axis.
18 minutes of flight.
From one of the beta owner in another forum:
It is number 29 of the beta run. This particular one, it appears, had be landed quite hard and the legs were not symmetrical. It flew ok but I am sure it was not optimal.
Unquote
So on hard landings flight behaviour changes?
Price close to 3k?
720p down link (versus 1080p with the standard lightbridge)

Why note have a Phantom 2 with lightbrige and a gopro ? Would the difference be that great?

The quad is much more powerful and capable than a phantom. If you did get a phantom, lightbridge, gopro4, lens replacement, landing gear hack / replace you would be at a higher price point for a less capable craft. I am wanting to shoot sailing so power is the difference between possible and staying on the ground. But I am certainly hopeful some company makes better app with Api I want gyro controlled camera on mobile with craft control by controls. I think people are underestimating the significance of opening the API/developer kit. The great thing is these benefits will come to both phantom and inspire. I think inspire pricing is fair jumping to full s900 setup is 2-3x as much. It is good middle ground. For those that think phantom plus addon is better they have that choice but it is like saying compact car is better than suv or minivan. It depends on usage and requirements.

Reactions: Justo
This sounds interesting, but it results in a much narrower POV, I hear. Is this restrictive? Any samples/comparisons to the std gopro shots? Why wouldn't gopro use or offer this lens as standard or optional if it's better? I really don't like the fisheye effect from the go pro, nor having to lens correct in post, as it distorts the image she doing so.
Go.pro is not.designed.for.what.we.do.
They are to be mounted on a.helmet.etc to.show close.up etc.
The.narrow.lens.is.basically.a.standard.camera lens.

Funny how everyone wants to all of a sudden trash the go pro and at the same time can't wait for a version of the Inspire ready made with a mount for it!

Funny how everyone wants to all of a sudden trash the go pro and at the same time can't wait for a version of the Inspire ready made with a mount for it!

I definitely don't want a gopro mount....I have a capable gopro platform with the P2Z. I'm more interested in a DJI camera with bigger sensor and higher quality.....or a gimbal option that allows for the GH4 or equivalent.

You must be naive to believe that the $150 ( $ 10 real price from China) ,used for surveillance cameras cold produce the same picture quality as 9 elements sony lens .
Most mind-blowing GoPro videos are heavily edited or GoPro with special cage and good quality lens is used.
I would say the GoPro processor and the sensor would be same quality as Inspire camera one ,but that's all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
technologyacair