Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I thought it wouldn't happen to me...

IMHO Flytrex Live 3G would save Your I1. You could use the real live telemetry from it and bring the I1 back to HP. I wish You to revive You "bird".

will the flytrax 3g work over 2g? what happens if there is no 3g coverage? only plain old 2g?
From Flytrex FAQ: "Yes. Flytrex Live 3G uses an advanced 3G GSM module that supports both 3G and 2G networks. By default, it will first try to connect to the 3G network. If no 3G network can be found, it will automatically switch and try to connect to the 2G network, if available. The Live 3G handles the move between 3G and 2G networks automatically so no action is required from the user."

I've seen a lot of tutorials online, I think I'll handle the repairs myself. The loss in revenue from being out of commission for 2 months is not acceptable. Upon inspection the gimbal and camera is ok. Two motors shot and the carbon fibre boom
Wow, good luck on the repair... Like to hear how you fare when you get everything back together.

Wow, good luck on the repair... Like to hear how you fare when you get everything back together.
So I was able to disassemble everything no problem, not that difficult with the exception of one finicky solder joint for the antennae. Only problem is I can't actually get this part anywhere... I'm going to see if I can track one down over the next couple of days and if not I'll be buying a new Inspire and sending this one to DJI for repair :(

Just to provide a quick update, I ended up sending the Inspire back to LA for repairs. In the meantime so we can continue with our corporate projects I bought a Phantom 3 to tide us over in the meantime. After some quick flights on it I'm quite impressed, feels like our old Phantom of course but with the same camera tech as the Inspire we are able to get shots that are pretty **** good, though nothing can replace the Inspire.

You can see where the GPS goes haywire and cuts out between image 1 and 2. Image 3 is information I gained after the fact, and goes to show just what I expected. In the time I was attempting to regain FPV, the drone migrated from it's location in image 2 to image 3, so of course I would never be able to spot it. It moved here under no direction from myself, not sure if that's where it thought the home point was or what, but that's where it went.
Kind of looks like GPS signal went bad, the aircraft fell back to ATTI, and drifted away.

There's a reason why recommendations and regulations pretty much everywhere state you should never get your eyes away from the bird. Based on more than a decade of FPV flying I personally don't fully agree, BUT in the case of the I1 I would recommend to NEVER trust the app/mobile device, if flying FPV do it using an HDMI monitor connected directly to the remote. I've had the app crash on me several times, but HDMI video has been reliable. If the mobile device crashes the HDMI out may freeze as the controller is waiting for responses from the app, but yanking the USB cord out restores the feed straight away.
In any case don't attempt to fix mobile device issues without landing first.

I trained my "co-pilot and spotter" in quite a distinctive way. I didn't train her with the inspire but with the phantom 3. I told her that if she is not the pilot then she would need to be the spotter and her eyes need to be on it all the time. she obviously didn't take me seriously. so I would always fly the phantom ridiculously fast and close to her, at throttle at last than 1m away from her, with prop guards at all times. I would tell her, "you didn't see it coming?"

From Flytrex FAQ: "Yes. Flytrex Live 3G uses an advanced 3G GSM module that supports both 3G and 2G networks. By default, it will first try to connect to the 3G network. If no 3G network can be found, it will automatically switch and try to connect to the 2G network, if available. The Live 3G handles the move between 3G and 2G networks automatically so no action is required from the user."
And if there is no cell service of any kind? Trackimo won't work either. How about the Marco Polo? It works independent of any cell service on it's own. I have it, I like it. Hope I never have to use it.

...Me and my old man... Wow. He looks a lot younger than me. I must be a real old geezer.

I guess the flight record got cut into 2 part with the restart. Is there any chance you could post the 2 videos? It would be interesting to see the exact sequence.

Don't if you are on an iPad or not but since the last firmware, I always use Shou to record my screen so I'll have a complete record should misfortune strike.

My sympathies.

When you say "Shou" to record screen. Is it Shou.TV? I looked up in Apple Store, there's only Shou.TV but doesn't seems to record iPad screen.

Thanks all for this discussion. It's been very informative and helpful to me as I'm still learning - hopefully it's something I won't have to experience myself.

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop