Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I want to buy Inspire footage

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

As the title suggests, I am looking to purchase some footage shot from Inspire 1 drones.

(Prior to anybody making comments about me trying set up a drone flyer for breaking FAA laws or something eluding to this being a "sting" or "setup", rest assured I can prove my identity as a private citizen and prove to anybody interested that I am just a guy looking to buy some footage).

I am looking for lots of footage of lots of different things from lots of different parts of the world. I am looking for city specific, as well as activity specific shots.

Here are some shots that I am really interested in:

Activity shots with people doing things. Things such as biking, swimming, boating, skiing, snowboarding, break dancing, motocross, surfing, kiteboarding, people vacationing etc.

Here are a few videos of what I mean when I say people doing things:

This is a great surf capture.

Great video showing people doing lots of things

Another great video of boating and water activities.

I am looking to purchase clips which are between 15-30 seconds in length.

The videos must not have panning and tilting since it messes up the shot. The shots needs to be shot with the same level of quality as seen in the above listed videos.

I am also looking for videos of major tourist attractions in cities around the world.

For example if you lived in New York City I have a budget of $3,000 for NYC shots. I would be looking for shots of the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park.

If there is something unique in your local area which has been filmed well I might buy it. The shot could be of a major attraction like the Taj Mahal or Pyramids, or it could be the inside of a cave or cavern. It could be inside a a stadium or factory, or overhead footage of Niagara Falls. Basically if it is unique, and shot well I am interested.

If anybody is interested in selling their footage to me feel free to contact me with what you have available for sale, or we can discuss what attractions might exist in your local area which might be worth shooting and submitting.

My email address is konaandcooper8(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thanks.

Bit of a strange post/request this one.....

You do not say WHY you want the shots or what the final delivery will be (web, TV, large screen, small screen, commercial, documentary etc).
You have also not stipulated what format you require the shots to be supplied in (Including but not limited to, resolution, frame rate, bitrate, codec, whether the footage should have broadcast safe chroma and luminance levels)
Can you supply a few more details regarding the project?

Are you connected with the Australian company of the same name? I am guessing not as your domain name is a yahoo address!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kilrah
Bit of a strange post/request this one.....

You do not say WHY you want the shots or what the final delivery will be (web, TV, large screen, small screen, commercial, documentary etc).
You have also not stipulated what format you require the shots to be supplied in (Including but not limited to, resolution, frame rate, bitrate, codec, whether the footage should have broadcast safe chroma and luminance levels)
Can you supply a few more details regarding the project?

Are you connected with the Australian company of the same name? I am guessing not as your domain name is a yahoo address!

The reason why I want the shots is simple. The Inspire shoots in 4K and creates smooth images as compared to other drones on the market. With respect as to what final project they will be included in.....I have no idea. The footage will eventually work its way into various different marketing efforts that I will be associated with in the future which could be a website, or something on TV if somebody I work with decides that is what they need it for.

To answer your question about the Australian Company.........no I have nothing to do with whoever you are referencing.

With respect to your other questions about bitrate and codec, I have no idea what that means so if it is something which is important, then somebody will need to be patient with me and explain to me what that is and how it might come into play as to what my needs are.

Would you be interested in footage of construction and demolition? I shot it in 1080, but could easily get more in 4K if needed.

What kind of timeframe did you have in mind for collecting this footage? Within the next 4 or 5 weeks the central Piloce station here in Christchurch is being demolished by explosives. Myself and a couple of other pilots have been given sole rights to film it from the air. The building is 13 storeys tall, as a matter of fact I have already recorded a pre-demo clip which you can see on my YT account by clicking below. You will also see a sample of other New Zealand landscape videos alive made in the last few months. Take a look and let me know if any of these interest you. They have mostly been filmed on a Phantom as I didn't have my Inspire but can be re-shot in 4K if it was worth my while to go back with the Inspire.

I am in no rush at all. I will happily wait for the right footage. When it comes in just let me know and I would love to see the results.

Thanks.

I do not see this as being a person who could personally get you guys in trouble as there actually could be entrapment issues BUT that does not mean someone watching this thread could not make issues for both buyer and seller. This site is for international users so laws are different for different countries. Please know your respective laws when engaging in these activities.

Reactions: The Editor
If you are interested in boating/boat parties/ hot chicks on boats and freestyle jetskis/flyboards etc. I can probably help you out. When the weather here in Mexico warms up, of couse :)

My experience in the past with these "brokers" has been they will buy your footage for (as an example) $100, then turn around and sell/license it to someone else (network or agency) for $1,000. Then they do the same all over again. Now, if you don't have any problem with that (many don't) then you're good to go.

Reactions: Kilrah and SkySight
Hello everybody!

As the title suggests, I am looking to purchase some footage shot from Inspire 1 drones.......................

Thanks.
Would you be buying the footage to own Outright or just to use in the "said" marketing material. i have lots of footage but i wouldnt sell it outright to you unless you are paying lots for it. Stock footage prices can be lower but you dont get to own it in perpetuity or use in numerous material, You pay for use - per marketing video.... clarify please. also if you buy footage from someone but dont own the footage outright you cant turn it around to sell or thats copyright breech.. i dont live in the USA

Would you be buying the footage to own Outright or just to use in the "said" marketing material. i have lots of footage but i wouldnt sell it outright to you unless you are paying lots for it. Stock footage prices can be lower but you dont get to own it in perpetuity or use in numerous material, You pay for use - per marketing video.... clarify please. also if you buy footage from someone but dont own the footage outright you cant turn it around to sell or thats copyright breech.. i dont live in the USA
I want to own it outright.

If you are interested in boating/boat parties/ hot chicks on boats and freestyle jetskis/flyboards etc. I can probably help you out. When the weather here in Mexico warms up, of couse :)
That sounds impossible for me to purchase because I cannot use footage of people without their permission. I assume you unaware that you need to have model release forms signed to use their faces in video which is used for commercial purposes.

thus...no thank you.

I shot the mavericks video you posted. What do you want to use the footage for? I'd be happy to talk about possibly selling some of that footage. I also have hours more from other flights :)

Thread cleaned. Leave it this way. If you do not want to sell your footage do not comment.
This is an international site. Please know your laws before you become involved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44