Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 Goggle software not for a Mac.

Anyone else get the same runaround with the XT Camera on the Inspire 2? Goggles on a Mac?

• XT Thermal camera not working on the I2, Search and rescue usage?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DJI Assistant 2 not Downloading to the latest IOS for DJI Goggles?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have the latest and greatest Mac but can't download the Assistant 2 for the goggles.
The I2 also does not work with the XT thermal camera.

I have the latest and greatest Mac but can't download the Assistant 2 for the goggles.
The I2 also does not work with the XT thermal camera.
DJI never said the XT would work on the Inspire 2.
It was never designed to and no promise were made it ever would!
The interfaces are vastly different.

Reactions: deltalimatango
DJI never said the XT would work on the Inspire 2.
It was never designed to and no promise were made it ever would!
The interfaces are vastly different.
Scot Lindsay <[email protected]>
2:33 PM (4 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to InspirePilots..
cleardot.gif

Why don't the dealers know this as they said it was happening...Ive been to more than 4 dealers and they say it would be out shortly.
All the questions I have asked and no-one can tell me why either. I need to know why. It sounds like Zenmuse has an exclusive on it for the I1!
DJI needs to get it off the Search and Rescue page as Thermal is the only way to go there. Same for our Police system.
cleardot.gif

Scot Lindsay <[email protected]>
2:33 PM (4 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to InspirePilots..
cleardot.gif

Why don't the dealers know this as they said it was happening...Ive been to more than 4 dealers and they say it would be out shortly.
All the questions I have asked and no-one can tell me why either. I need to know why. It sounds like Zenmuse has an exclusive on it for the I1!
DJI needs to get it off the Search and Rescue page as Thermal is the only way to go there. Same for our Police system.
cleardot.gif
Nowhere on DJI specifications does it list the XT as being compatible. I have no idea why you think it would be.
The lightbridge system is totally different on the Inspire 1 v I2 with the latter being processed within the aircraft while the likes of the XT is processed internally.
This has never been a secret or advertised as different.

What do you mean you can't use the IOS? Read up on everyone complaining for Assistant 2. If you can't use the goggles In IOS then why is it on your Download software page? Why do people use the iPad as their monitor. That is IOS. All I see on You tube with Android is that they crash all the time or freeze. My iPad or iPhone doesn't crash or freeze. Does the "Assistant" work with the Goggles? Check the Phantom software page. Assistant 2 is there for the IOS...
Will it work with the Crystalsky when we get those or should I cancel my 2 orders?

Make a firmware patch for the search and rescue people for the XT Thermal camera and Inspire 2.

Its a great machine and the name Inspire 1 indicates that the Inspire 2 is better. They use the same cameras the XT.

Could you please elaborate on your issue with Assistant 2 and your Goggles? You need to be sure you are running the latest version of Assistant 2 for it to be able to recognize Goggles. Over the past few weeks we've seen folks go to DJI's site to download Assistant 2 and on different pages where they provide links to download Assistant 2 it is downloading an older version which does not work with the Goggles. Version 1.1.2-2 is the latest version as of today, July 9th.

What do you mean you can't use the IOS? Read up on everyone complaining for Assistant 2. If you can't use the goggles In IOS then why is it on your Download software page? Why do people use the iPad as their monitor. That is IOS. All I see on You tube with Android is that they crash all the time or freeze. My iPad or iPhone doesn't crash or freeze. Does the "Assistant" work with the Goggles? Check the Phantom software page. Assistant 2 is there for the IOS...
Will it work with the Crystalsky when we get those or should I cancel my 2 orders?
Please read my posts again - carefully.
At no point did I mention Apples Operating System.
Also, note, this forum is not affiliated, connected with or sponsored by DJI. Nor has it ever been. So when you say "your" in your post above it is misdirected.
Might I suggest you take up your grievance directly with DJI possibly on their own forum?
Please read our general rules
Quote:

"Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community."

Please read my posts again - carefully.
At no point did I mention Apples Operating System.
Also, note, this forum is not affiliated, connected with or sponsored by DJI. Nor has it ever been. So when you say "your" in your post above it is misdirected.
Might I suggest you take up your grievance directly with DJI possibly on their own forum?
Please read our general rules
Quote:

"Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community."

Dear God, please don't let this forum turn into the Mavic, Spark, and Phantom forums. This is a great place with a plethora of information for people who actually take the time to read before posting.

Make a firmware patch for the search and rescue people for the XT Thermal camera and Inspire 2.

Its a great machine and the name Inspire 1 indicates that the Inspire 2 is better. They use the same cameras the XT.

They do not use the same cameras. The I1 has the X3, the X5, the X5R, the XT and maybe more. They attach to the I1 but record inside the camera.

The X4S and X5S on the I2 record to a new system inside the drone. The two systems are not compatible. They probably *could* make a physical adapter to put I1 cameras on the I2, but they have not done it or promised it, so they probably won't.

This is not a firmware-only issue.

Reactions: deltalimatango
Not sure if the OP's issue with Assistant and the DJI Goggles is resolved but I activated my goggles yesterday via Assistant. Took all of 30 seconds. Paired/linked them to my Mavic and will do the same to my Inspire 2 once I get home this weekend. The procedure is very simple.

Reactions: Advexure
Not sure if the OP's issue with Assistant and the DJI Goggles is resolved but I activated my goggles yesterday via Assistant. Took all of 30 seconds. Paired/linked them to my Mavic and will do the same to my Inspire 2 once I get home this weekend. The procedure is very simple.

Good to hear. A common issue we've seen is that older versions of Assistant do not recognize or show the Goggles when they are connected to the PC by USB. Running one of the latest versions of Assistant makes the activation process very quick and easy. Enjoy your Goggles, safe flying.

Good to hear. A common issue we've seen is that older versions of Assistant do not recognize or show the Goggles when they are connected to the PC by USB. Running one of the latest versions of Assistant makes the activation process very quick and easy. Enjoy your Goggles, safe flying.

Funny thing is that I couldn't get it to activate via iOS. Had to use Assistant. Maybe I misunderstood. Either way it works and is a different experience.

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveamelia102