Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 Unstable When Descending

Reaction score
Website
veuwraerials.com
I've been noticing that my Inspire 2 isn't capable of filming smooth footage while descending!

I've set the descent speed to the lowest option there is and my footage still looks like this any time I descend - even if the camera isn't pointed down.

Has anyone else noticed this and maybe know why it happens or if there's a solution?

I've been noticing that my Inspire 2 isn't capable of filming smooth footage while descending!

I've set the descent speed to the lowest option there is and my footage still looks like this any time I descend - even if the camera isn't pointed down.

Has anyone else noticed this and maybe know why it happens or if there's a solution?
your descending in your own prop wash. turbulent air under your drone creates instability because your descending through that turbulence straight down ...if you descent and fly forward backwards or side ways the unstability is much less

I always opt to shoot ascending and reverse the footage than to shoot descending. I know you can't always make that choice, but "stability" is one of the reasons.

D

Reactions: Bill32174
Ascending and reversing footage works well even in windy conditions. Also, wider lenses lessen the impact of any shake if that is possible. That footage doesn’t look bad to me btw. You can stabilize in post and there’d be no shake perceivable.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
I agree with Reuben. I forgot to mention stabilization in post. You could fix that footage pretty easily. If you're interested, I have some examples of stabilized footage. The before and after are mind blowing.

D

Agree with @Rueben and @Donnie Frank ... Post work will remove that shake to acceptable.
I expected your sample with much more video shake, if you're riding your wash downward... If you visually watch the Inspire's decent, it's moving a lot in its wash... looks pretty bad... I'm impressed how the camera can compensate.

The Inspires are relatively large & heavy crafts, and shake more in their wash than smaller Mavics... but both experience it.

Raw footage prior to stabilization:

Final footage:

Shot with a highly-modified Phantom 1, GoPro Hero3 camera and Tarot 2-axis gimbal.

shopping

D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84