Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2/x5s Yawing on its own

Reaction score
I wasn't exactly sure where to post this as I am not sure if this is the gimbal or the bird causing the problem, but anyways, whenever the inspire is hovering, it yaws very slowly to the right. Putting the gimbal on free mode dosen't help either. This wouldn't be a major issue except for the fact that my top 2 favorite things to do with cameras are timelapses and long exposure shots. If anyone else has this problem let me know. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using InspirePilots mobile app

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this as I am not sure if this is the gimbal or the bird causing the problem, but anyways, whenever the inspire is hovering, it yaws very slowly to the right. Putting the gimbal on free mode dosen't help either. This wouldn't be a major issue except for the fact that my top 2 favorite things to do with cameras are timelapses and long exposure shots. If anyone else has this problem let me know. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using InspirePilots mobile app
Are you saying the aircraft yaws or the gimbal? Try hovering a few feet in front of you with hands off sticks and you should be able to tell which is yawing.
Have you tried calibrating both the IMU (on a cold machine) and the remote

Yes I've had that a few times but normally just after start up and normally settles down fairly quickly. Mine was gimbal as it was doing it while still on the ground.

I think it could be linked to compass interference and the craft thinking it is turning slightly. Haven't tested but you could also try in free mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorganDimo