Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I3 will be released in February 2023

Reaction score
I3 release date is sometime Feb 2023. Possibly March. Totally new, tall slim-line travel case. Will not use TB50 batts, unfortunately. New battery system with totally new charge hubs that have fold down ‘plates’ on each side and high output USB-C power taps. Hopefully we get some faster DL glass. Not sure about that yet. We’ll know soon enough. 8K ProRes Raw and CDNG will be interesting. Will prob become standard in typical production scenarios.

I3 release date is sometime Feb 2023. Possibly March. Totally new, tall slim-line travel case. Will not use TB50 batts, unfortunately. New battery system with totally new charge hubs that have fold down ‘plates’ on each side and high output USB-C power taps. Hopefully we get some faster DL glass. Not sure about that yet. We’ll know soon enough. 8K ProRes Raw and CDNG will be interesting. Will prob become standard in typical production scenarios.
Where’d you get the information?

They won’t be at CES this year I checked.

Full frame sensor is a must I suppose?

That's a lot more info than I've found searching the Web and various sUAV News sources.
Can you provide the link(s) that helped identify these new-bits?

I've seen the same small set of poor photos for last 6-8 months, nothing has provided new material.
With all the new Mavic 3 models & capabilities, and the Enterprise version with On-Board mission processing.
I would assume the I3 should provide the same minimally as base offering and take it up 2-3 clicks for the professional craft & payloads. IF not, then not a lot of incentive over a dual purchase of the M3E & M3Cine crafts at likely a savings to the I3.

Other than RC stability & range, the I2, X5S & X7 continues to meet several arenas of usage. Even the X4S is a great payload for mapping missions.

It's reasonable to assume the X9 camera from the DJI 4D will be used or something very similar. That gives 6k / 8k. And USB-C SSDs like the Ronin 4D. Dual battery at least for redundance. Some pictures showed up awhile ago that claim to be the I3. Thinner. Sure looks like the same camera as Ronin. 4D. I think O3 Pro is more likely than O4 so it works with some of the director screen and focus control stuff.

The X9 supports a bunch of lenses and can take adapter plates like Sony's E-Mount which also supports focus and Iris control. Obviously balance would be an issue.

Last edited:
Things got a little delayed. Classic DJI.

Announcement on April 13th.

It's a great machine. Was on the beta team. Enjoy!

Things got a little delayed. Classic DJI.

Announcement on April 13th.

It's a great machine. Was on the beta team. Enjoy!
That’s interesting to hear!
Being on the development team provides some great out of the gate experience, viewpoints and opinions… possibly foresight from conversations for additional payloads after I3 launch.

I do hope after official announcement you feel open to write up your opinions and experience with I3. A fellow forum member sharing has a lot more value than a advertisement or YouTuber with 2 days experience.

Look forward to your future info!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207