Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

In car chargers UK

Think you'll be best off buying a 12 to 240V sine wave inverter, something like a 250 or 400 watt one and plugging the official charger into this. From other postings it seems you need this full sine wave type for the chargers to work properly and not get damaged. Just be careful as you won't want to leave in car unattended and if starting the engine connect the inverter AFTER as otherwise can get power surges.

Think you'll be best off buying a 12 to 240V sine wave inverter, something like a 250 or 400 watt one and plugging the official charger into this. From other postings it seems you need this full sine wave type for the chargers to work properly and not get damaged.

Im not 100% sure this is true, though im trying to figure it out definitively, Ive been using a modified sine wave inverter for quite a while and havent had any problems yet, and so have quite a few other people ive talked to. the one wilkia61 linked about doesnt even state what type of wave it produces unless i missed it? possibly modified wave inverters are much better quality these days and it doesnt matter near as much or at all anymore like it used to? At any rate a pure wave inverter would seem to be the best option, but they cost more and if there really isnt any problems with the cheaper modified wave ones you might save some cash.

Im trying to find out the actual factual truth about it cause i have two modified wave inverters i use to charge mine. One in my f350, and one in my 5th wheel RV. If i didnt have any I would probably just go buy a pure wave one and forget about it but since i already have two id really rather not have to replace them both if its not necessary. You can follow this other thread here if youre interested, might eventually figure it out one way or the other in it.

Car charging using 300W 110V AC modified sine wave inverter? | DJI Inspire Forum

Im not 100% sure this is true, though im trying to figure it out definitively, Ive been using a modified sine wave inverter for quite a while and havent had any problems yet, and so have quite a few other people ive talked to. the one wilkia61 linked about doesnt even state what type of wave it produces unless i missed it? possibly modified wave inverters are much better quality these days and it doesnt matter near as much or at all anymore like it used to? At any rate a pure wave inverter would seem to be the best option, but they cost more and if there really isnt any problems with the cheaper modified wave ones you might save some cash.

Im trying to find out the actual factual truth about it cause i have two modified wave inverters i use to charge mine. One in my f350, and one in my 5th wheel RV. If i didnt have any I would probably just go buy a pure wave one and forget about it but since i already have two id really rather not have to replace them both if its not necessary. You can follow this other thread here if youre interested, might eventually figure it out one way or the other in it.

Car charging using 300W 110V AC modified sine wave inverter? | DJI Inspire Forum
On no......it starts all over again on another thread.....am I in Groundhog Day????? :p

Reactions: SultanGris
Hi is there an in car charger thats works off the 12v outlet for Inspire batterys ?. I am in UK
Think about this one guys.....
The largest capacity cigar lighter I know of in standard vehicles (cars) is 120w - so that's 10amps at 12v.
The Inspire batteries charge at 26.3v (not 12v) so to charge via some sort of step up a TB48 at 1c you would need a constant 150w.
You would blow your car cigar lighter fuse.....poof!
You could do it at 3.83A but you would still be running at 100w. Things would get warm running things for an hour and a half.
In answer to the original question though.... I do not know of one (probably because of my comments above).

I picked up one of these at Halfords, works a treat charging the Inspire batteries, but be careful you don't drain your car battery.

You have to attached it directly onto the battery, as there's not enough juice in the cigarette lighter socket

Ring Automotive PowerSource Inverter 500w RINVU500
hrm, another one with no mention of whether its pure wave or modified but it says safe to use with battery chargers, do we then assume that means its pure wave or that with newer inverters it doesnt matter anymore?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop