Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

In the News

Reaction score
Website
We were in the local news today for flying our drones doing search and rescue operations. We were looking for the two boys lost at sea, Austin and Perry. We posted a very short 30 second video on youtube and suddenly got hit with a bunch of phone calls from news stations wanting to use the video. We ended up with only 9 flights with the two drones because of weather difficulties (wind and rain). It was nice to be recognized for our efforts and to help the drone reputation. We know that a few news stations in south Florida and two more in Central Florida ran the video on television and mentioned our business name. We were told that CBS news ran the video also, but we haven't seen it. It's really a "nothing" video, but they liked it. We later uploaded another video that was about 4 1/2 minutes long. It took hours to go through all the video because we recorded the entire time. Just to make things clear, we did coordinate with the Air Traffic Control Tower prior to, during and after we finished. They knew exactly where we were, kept other aircraft away from us and advised the sheriffs department of our activities. The search area for us was just over 1 mile off shore and about 1 1/2 miles to the north and south of our launch point. We used the Phantom 3 Pro and also the Inspire 1.
Here are the videos and a couple of the DJI Pilot App flight routes that were posted:
search_map_1.jpg

search_map_2.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you for your help. I'm sure the family greatly appreciated it as well as the hobby. It's stories like these that keep us going.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Good work guys! Any link to the news article, would like to add it to our drones-for-good section of our blog.

Reactions: Gregg G
Good work guys! Any link to the news article, would like to add it to our drones-for-good section of our blog.
My friend was in Nepal for a month after the earthquakes flying a high tech mapping drone working for the Government. Our local news did a story on this before he left. I will try to find the story and sen you the link.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
My friend was in Nepal for a month after the earthquakes flying a high tech mapping drone working for the Government. Our local news did a story on this before he left. I will try to find the story and sen you the link.
Good stuff!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido