Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

"Inconsistent Firmware Found"

Reaction score
Has anyone else encountered the "Inconsistent Firmware Found" on the DJI Go 4 app using their I2? It happens to me intermittently when I open the app before flight. I would say 25% of the time it comes up if I turn the aircraft, remote, and app off - then later start all up. If I just turn off the aircraft and replace the batteries (keeping the app and remote powered) there are no issues. Twice I've updated the firmware stating "slide to update and resolve" but I still get this notice on occasion. The aircraft seems to fly fine regardless...but it still bothers me.

This has me thinking about another issue which may be related. How do you guys/gals power up? One aircraft worked perfect starting from remote, to app, then aircraft. My I2 doesn't not like that. Best results seem to be from aircraft, to remote, then app...but strangely in a timed manner. If I wait longer than ten seconds or so in between I get a "disconnected" signal. The same if if I go out of this sequence.

Any advice or experience here would be greatly appreciated.

I have seen this posted around the place, try deleting the App and rebooting the device then download it again, that clears it for some.

The biggest reason you get this is if you have multiple sets of batteries and have recently done an update on your copter. Some of the updates require updates to the batteries as well. When you do your update, the set of batteries in the copter gets updated, but each time you put another set, on the GoApp realizes that the firmware on the batteries is not the same version as the copter and informs you of the firmware mismatch. When you do the "Slide to Update" it does a quick update on the batteries you have attached - but you will get the same message again when you put in your next set of batteries until you have them all up to date and matching the firmware on the Inspire 2.

The biggest reason you get this is if you have multiple sets of batteries and have recently done an update on your copter. Some of the updates require updates to the batteries as well. When you do your update, the set of batteries in the copter gets updated, but each time you put another set, on the GoApp realizes that the firmware on the batteries is not the same version as the copter and informs you of the firmware mismatch. When you do the "Slide to Update" it does a quick update on the batteries you have attached - but you will get the same message again when you put in your next set of batteries until you have them all up to date and matching the firmware on the Inspire 2.

Great information! I suspect that's it. I have several batteries which would explain the intermittent issue. Thanks!

Sure thing! Once you get them all updated the issue should be gone...ideally it would have been great if the firmware update process continued to ask if you have additional batteries you need to update and just prompted you to keep changing batteries until they were all updated. Or, just gave you a message at the end of the firmware update to power cycle the copter with every set of batteries you have. But I guess that is the purpose of the self check it does on start up and the reason you can "slide to update" when you have a firmware mismatch.

Thanks!

Reactions: deltalimatango

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac