Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Battery Charging Hub - IN STOCK!

Having great difficulty updating the two DJI battery hubs that I purchased from the above. Apparently not updating the firmware in battery hubs, and now two of my 7 batteries will now charge. On these two batteries, the light nearest to the battery power button now continuously repeats three blinks. Anyone else having this problem and/or have solutions?. 828-320-5152. Dave Millsaps.

Any luck with this David? I went to where you can download everything on DJI site and didn't see anything for the hub in particular. Haven't used it yet but would like to clear up the update before I go to use it.

Reactions: BlueSkies
It turns out that the instructions are provided with the battery charging hub discuss an firmware "updating procedure" for the latest firmware (via a USB port on the bottom of the unit, under a cover). However, no firmware update exists yet because it's such a new product. So ... I was trying to update it when it did not need to be updated. It works fine as it is out of the package.

The blinking light problem on all of the 7 batteries had nothing to do with the battery charging hub or any update to it. It was a very hot day and I was in the direct sun with all 7 batteries, and direct sun on the black battery surfaces makes for a HOT batteries - too hot to charge! The blinking LED light (on each battery, nearest to the power button) was a warning message to tell me that these batteries were too hot to charge.

So have fun with the charging hub ... Sure beats being up all night changing batteries to be charged every 2 hours.

I received my charging hub in the mail today, and read the same thing about firmware. I checked all through the site and couldn't find any firmware.. I guess DJI is future proofing themselves a bit.. Maybe we will get lucky and they will allow some multiple charging if you use the 180w power supply. Seems a reasonable chance to me. At the moment the charge hub is a neat little convenience item and I haven't had any issues yet, but still to put multiple pack onto it.

I received my charging hub in the mail today, and read the same thing about firmware. I checked all through the site and couldn't find any firmware.. I guess DJI is future proofing themselves a bit.. Maybe we will get lucky and they will allow some multiple charging if you use the 180w power supply. Seems a reasonable chance to me. At the moment the charge hub is a neat little convenience item and I haven't had any issues yet, but still to put multiple pack onto it.
Yes, "DJI is future-proofing themselves" at bit, but I am glad to see that they are looking forward and making provisions for future enhancements, rather than only thinking of the current minimal requirements. Have fun with your Inspire. DJI listens to their customers' ideas and feedback, and never stops innovating and improving their product ... similar to Apple, that's what has made them such a great company with excellent products!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters