Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 controller battery won't charge, may need to send it to DJI, can I keep my firmware?

Reaction score
March 2015 model, left controller sitting too long and now all I get is left to right led's flashing twice. (can't find what error code means)

Opened controller and tried charging battery with Power Lab 8 set on NIMH & Nicad thru circuit board on battery, not waking up.

I stopped updating copter at 1.2.1.03 and enjoyed many flawless flights all these years.

If I send controller into DJI to replace the battery, can I tell them to NOT change the controller firmware?

Is there anywhere I can order the controller battery?

Absent that, is there anywhere in USA that will replace battery and let me keep my existing firmware?

March 2015 model, left controller sitting too long and now all I get is left to right led's flashing twice. (can't find what error code means)

Opened controller and tried charging battery with Power Lab 8 set on NIMH & Nicad thru circuit board on battery, not waking up.

I stopped updating copter at 1.2.1.03 and enjoyed many flawless flights all these years.

If I send controller into DJI to replace the battery, can I tell them to NOT change the controller firmware?

Is there anywhere I can order the controller battery?

Absent that, is there anywhere in USA that will replace battery and let me keep my existing firmware?
If you send it into DJI they will update it to the latest firmware whether you tell them to or not
They will not take any notice of your request not to.

You have a couple of options:

1. Source a genuine replacement battery from the likes of eBay etc.

2. Measure accurately the size of the 2s pack in the controller and then simply purchase a lipo pack of almost identical dimension from the likes of HobbyKing etc. Then either swap over the plugs or get replacement molex connectors from an electronics retailer.

If you send it into DJI they will update it to the latest firmware whether you tell them to or not
They will not take any notice of your request not to.

You have a couple of options:

1. Source a genuine replacement battery from the likes of eBay etc.

2. Measure accurately the size of the 2s pack in the controller and then simply purchase a lipo pack of almost identical dimension from the likes of HobbyKing etc. Then either swap over the plugs or get replacement molex connectors from an electronics retailer.

Thank you The Editor, I've learned a lot from your posts over the years!!

I''ll start searching ebay and drone repair shops across America, don't want DJI making unwanted changes to my Bird !

This is the battery that you want. Optipower Lipo Cell Rx Battery 5000mAh 2S 25C OPR50002SRX

If you just replace it directly with the existing one. The original has a balancer in it but you don't need this. `I have done this myself. It takes around 15 minutes to strip down...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsmithp486